School Health Services
Nurse practitioners, registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and medical consultants work in conjunction with the family, classroom teacher, school nurse, support staff, family physician, outside professionals, supervisors and district administrators to help students achieve maximum developmental potential and ensure that health/medical problems create minimal interference in the educational setting.
School health personnel are available to meet with the family and staff to provide a plan of care for the well being of the student in the classroom setting.
- Health assessments and physical exams
- Development of IHCP
- Medication administration
- Nursing treatments
- Health education
- Mandated New York State screenings
- Community interaction
- Student tuberculin skin testing for work study placement
Occupational Health Services
The focus of the Occupational Health Services is to provide Monroe 2-Orleans employees with comprehensive health and safety education and disease prevention while following OSHA and other regulatory agency mandates. This service is meant to complement School Health Services by facilitating safer classroom and work settings.
- Immunizations: Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria
- Screenings: Tuberculin Skin Testing
- Trainings: Infant/Child/Adult CPR and AED, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens
- AED Emergency Response Team and SAVE
- Resource to component districts