1. Thank you to everyone who has responded to the ILL Stats Form and the End of Year Evaluations
· ILL Stats Form (was due June 7): http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/SLS/forms.cfm?myForm=18619
· End of Year SLS Evaluation (due June 14): http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/SLS/forms.cfm?myForm=18528
2. One last final reminder, as of July 1, you will no longer have access to EBSCO Host as part of NOVELny. If you wish to have this added to your Online Database order, please contact Patti Rose ASAP.
· New to NOVELny: Kids InfoBits from Gale, eLibrary Elementary from ProQuest, and the Gannett Newspaper Collection from ProQuest (this include the Democrat and Chronicle)
3. Reminder about Summer PD (info is attached):
· Getting Kids K-6 Excited about NonFiction with Kathleen Baxter (Librarians only)
i. July 18 at Kate Gleason Aud, Central Library. $10 to attend
· Best Websites for Teaching and Learning: Adding Content Resources to your Digital Toolbox (Teachers may attend with their librarian)
i. August 20 in Canandaigua. Free to attend
· Tech Camp
i. August 21 at ESC BOCES 2 Building. Free to attend
· Best Websites for Teaching and Learning: Digital Presentation Tools and Media Sharing for Students(Teachers may attend with their librarian)
i. August 22 at ESC BOCES 2 Building. Free to attend
· To register for any of these workshops, please contact RRLC.
· These are regional workshops, done with the other School Library Systems and RRLC. As a result, space may be limited. Registration is first come, first serve.
4. Jane Reeves shared an amusing link. It is a collection of old school library promotional posters. I remember some of these from when I was a youngster J. http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/19-wonderful-vintage-school-library-posters
5. Lincoln Library just sent a free trial to their online database FactCite
· Short Introduction to this database: http://www.screenr.com/embed/F4HH
· To access the trial please visit: to http://www.factcite.com
i. Username: monroe2
ii. Password: monroe2
· Trial is set to expire 8/31/2013
6. NY State Education has a second round of grants for the Strengthening Teacher and Leaders Effectiveness (STLE) Grants (total of $47 million). State Education stated this grant could be used to add additional library media positions to a school district. For more information, please visit: http://www.oms.nysed.gov/press/TeacherLeaderEffectivenessGrantRFPAnnounced.html.
7. This summer we will be revamping the SLS/Media Dept website. If you have input for us, please let us know!
8. Disney Educational is offering a FREE copy of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln on DVD (and teachers guide) to any school which houses 8th grade or higher. June 30 is the deadline! To request a copy, click here. Add the DVD to your cart and use the promo code LINC13A and then click recalculate (do not click apply). Fill in the requested information. If you receive the message that the code was already used, this means someone already requested this for your school. Note, sometimes the site has issues with Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
9. Attached is a listing from the Monroe County Public Library System of new education books available for check out from the Business & Social Sciences Division at Central Library.
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|