1. Attached is the Summer and Fall PD courses offered through the School Library System. Please feel free to share as you find appropriate. Below are some of the summer highlights!
· Getting Kids K-6 excited about Nonfiction with Kathleen Baxter: July 18
i. Kathleen is an engaging national speaker/expert on this topic. There is a $10 fee to attend. If the fee is an issue, please contact Jim Belair
· Best Websites for Teaching and Learning: Adding Content Resources to your Digital Toolbox: August 20
· Tech Camp: August 21
· Best Websites for Teaching and Learning: Digital Presentation Tools and Media Sharing for Students: August 22
· Destiny Library Manager for New Users: September 3
2. Attached is information regarding MOST of NEW YORK STATE purchases for Online Databases for the 2012-2013 school year. This is the combined total for most BOCES in NY (excludes a few BOCES and ALL of New York City)
· Note- Number of Subscriptions varies from product to product. It could be number of students OR number of schools OR number of districts OR number of BOCES
3. DLD asked that I share the attached information regarding Federal Student Aid for college loans. Please share as you find appropriate.
· The files are: Library-pub-ordering 2013-04-17 and web-resources 2012-05-15
4. Reminder, If you have not already done so, please complete the SLS End of Year Evaluation. Plan on up to 20 minutes to complete the evaluation. The goal is to have 100% of all librarians complete this. Link to the evaluation. To date, 17 librarians have completed the evaluation.
5. One important function that the School Library System serves is Interlibrary Loan. Per state regulations, the SLS needs to collect Interlibrary Loan statistics for our entire region. Please use the below online form to submit your stats. Please complete this form by June 7.
· To access the survey, please visit: http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/SLS/forms.cfm?myForm=18619
· The majority of your statistics maybe found by logging into 5 Systems, and clicking on “My Account”. Once there, you can click on Loans to fill in the Loan information, and then click on Requests to fill in the request information. Fill in the information on the survey as it appears in 5 Systems.
· The last three questions deal with ILL requests not done within the 5 Systems program:
i. Items you borrowed within your own district
ii. Items you borrowed from the public library (include items BOCES borrowed for you via ILL)
iii. Items you borrowed from an academic library (include items BOCES borrowed for you via ILL)
6. For the High Schools- I am finalizing a deal with Gale Cengage to purchase eBooks! If you are going to be purchasing any eBooks from Gale in the very near future or over the summer- please contact Jim Belair to review what is being purchased to avoid any duplications.
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|
|Excel Microsoft Office Open XML Format Spreadsheet|