1. NOVELny INFO:
· To access a trial of Kids InfoBits (will be part of NOVELny as of July 1)
i. Use this link: https://www.proquest.com/trials/trialSummary.action?view=subject&trialBean.token=59GXX6K794VFVD8RYNOV and click on the eLibrary Elementary link
· To access a trial of eLibrary Elementary (will be part of NOVELny as of July 1)
i. Use this link: http://www.galetrials.com/default.aspx?TrialID=56494;ContactID=34739 and click on the Kids InfoBits link
2. If schools wish to purchase NOVELny products that will no longer be provided free of charge they may do so through the Online Database CoSER
· Twayne Author Series: $425 per year
· EBSCOHOST Primary Search/Searchasaurus/Kids Search: $249 (if you let us know by June 7) or $299 (if you let us know after June 7)
3. Recently, the six ELA Common Core Shifts were slightly modified. There are now sub shifts to Shift 5, Writing from Sources. Attached is a copy of the new shifts.
4. I wanted to send out a great document created by the WSWHE BOCES (Saratoga Springs area) regarding research and the inquiry process. As the new research paper requirements are being rolled out and developed it is ideal if we are on the same “page” with them and the inquiry process. Please review the WISE model for research: http://www.wswheboces.org/files/419/wise%20curriculum%20(revised%201%2031%2011)%20(2).pdf. Note- see the new sub shifts from shift 5- it clearly identifies the inquiry process.
5. If you attended the Teen Book Festival and helped at all with take down, Nazareth College is missing three banners. If they are discovered anywhere, you can let me know or the TBF Committee and we will be sure they are returned.
6. For those who subscribe to the Rosen Teen Health and Wellness Database, Rosen has an app designed specifically for that database. You can access by searching the App Store for Rosen Health.
7. Attached is the registration form for the SSL Summer Educational Leadership Institute held in Ithaca. The registration cap is 120 participants. It is expected that registration will be closed BEFORE early bird registration has ended…so if are planning on attending, register NOW. NYLA is awarding 15 PD Credits to participants. I am willing to also sign off if you attend.
8. On May 30 from 3:45-5:15, Jennifer Little-Kegler (SUNY Brockport Library Instructor Coordinator) will be teaching a course on the Wilson Library Literature Database. Learn how to access this database to locate articles from publications such as School Library Journal (SLJ), VOYA, Teacher Librarian and many others. This database is provided for all librarians within our region to use by the SLS. To register, please contact Patti Rose.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|doc file: You need the Microsoft Word application to view this file, or a program that can import Word files. To learn more about this software before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Word website.|