1. Per an earlier email I sent out this week, significant changes were made to the NOVELny Databases
· Attached is a document created by Dutchess BOCES SLS detailing the changes and what will be offered starting July 1, 2013
· If a school wishes to purchase EBSCO Primary Search through the Online Database CoSER:
i. If you let Patti know BEFORE JUNE 7 the pricing is $249 per building
ii. If you let Patti know AFTER JUNE 7 the pricing will be $299 per building
2. We are thrilled to announce Joshua and Lisa Perks gave birth yesterday to a beautiful baby girl. Rosaleen Perks was born 9:14 AM on May 15th and she weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz and is 20 inches long. Mom and baby are doing great.
· Pictures are attached
· Reminder- please let your teachers know if they need assistance to contact Laura Skolny (firstname.lastname@example.org or 349-9094) for day to day requests or to borrow materials. For all other items they can contact Jim Belair (email@example.com or 349-9099).
3. If you have not already done so, please complete the SLS End of Year Evaluation. Plan on up to 20 minutes to complete the evaluation. The goal is to have 100% of all librarians complete this. Link to the survey
4. Upcoming PD from the School Library System (FREE OF CHARGE):
· TODAY (still room): Multi-Genre Research Projects from 3:45-5:15
· Best New Children’s Literature (done by Monroe County Public Library): May 22 from 3:45-5:15 at the Gates Public Library. ALL TEACHERS WELCOME!
· Best New Young Adult Literature (done by Monroe County Public Library): May 23 from 3:45-5:15 at the Gates Public Library. ALL TEACHERS WELCOME!
· How to use the H.W. Wilson Library Literature Database (provided to everyone from the SLS): May 30 from 3:45-5:15
· Inventory with Follett Destiny: Wednesday 6/5 7:30-8:30 OR Thursday 6/6 from 3:45-4:45
5. Attached is an update Summer and Fall SLS PD Guide. A few changes were made
· Kathleen Baxter is now being held at the Kate Gleason Auditorium and there is a $10 fee to attend (if the fee will prevent you from attending, please let Jim know)
6. APB for two missing ILL Books:
· Little Green belonging to Harley School
· Thirteen Reasons Why belonging to East Irondequoit Middle School
7. School Library System Year End Celebration will be held Wednesday, May 22 . Please RSVP using the Doodle Poll link http://www.doodle.com/gwn939qwexteb46a. All librarians, library staff, retired library staff, administrators working with libraries… are invited to attend! Thank you Nancy Cholewa for putting this together!
8. Information from WXXI:
· Attached is information for the Rochester Teen Film Festival. This is a chance for Teen filmmakers in Rochester to participate in an authentic film festival. Entries are due by June 7. The films will be aired at the Little Theatre on August 7. Attached is a flyer with additional information. This is sponsored by WXXI, The Little and Nazareth College.
· If you know of any teens (Grade 7 and up) who would be interested in volunteering with WXXI to wear the character costumes (such as Clifford the Big Red Dog or Curious George) at various WXXI events, please contact Cara Rager (firstname.lastname@example.org). This could be a great opportunity for a scouting group, sports teams, clubs, community service…
· Information regarding Assignment The World. After this season, the show will no longer be produced. The final episode for this long running series is next week on May 21. For more information, please visit the WXXI May Newsletter: http://wxxi.org/education/k12/2013mayNEWS.pdf
9. Attached are summer PD offerings from RRLC
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|