1. FYI- there are many non-librarians on the weekly update list. If you need to send a message out to just librarians and clerks, please be sure to delete non-librarian staff from this list OR ask a member of the SLS to forward on the message.
2. Reminder- we have flip video camcorders available through the Media Library. If you would like to borrow one, please sign it out via the Media Portal. Note, many teachers are borrowing these to video tape their teaching for APPR and/or certification requirements.
3. Upcoming PD:
· May 1 (7:30-8:30) OR May 2 (3:45-4:45): Inventory within Follett Destiny
· May 8 (7:30-8:30) OR May 9 (3:45-4:45): Managing a Book Room within Follett Destiny
· May 16 (3:45-5:15): Multi Genre Research Projects
· May 22 (3:45-5:15): Best New Children’s Literature presented by Monroe County Public Libraries
· May 23 (3:45-5:15): Best New Young Adult Literature presented by Monroe County Public Libraries
· May 30 (3:45-5:15): Wilson Library Literature Database
4. Attached are various workshops from RRLC.
5. End of Year ILL Information:
· May 10: Last day to request new ILL items
· June 14: All ILL items should be returned
· June 17: Complete online ILL form (will send out information on this at a later date)
· Note- if you have a side deal with another school to continue ILL, we do not need to know about it J
6. Online Databases: District Order sheets will not be due until mid-end of May. Note, we are still working out the details for the Gale Opposing ViewPoints Database.
7. Exciting news…Bernard A. Margolis, the NY State Librarians and Assistant Commissioner for Libraries has officially endorsed the Empire State Information Fluency Continuum.
8. Next week is the NY State School Librarian Conference being held in Rochester. There are over 260 librarians registered to attend! If you have not registered, and would like to still attend, let me know ASAP. With how the conference is set up, you would end up missing one day of school (Friday).
9. Interesting Graphic: 27 Things Your Teacher Librarian Does: http://anethicalisland.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/27-things-your-teacher-librarian-does/.
10. Info from WXXI:
· Attached are May Off Air Highlights
· Attached is information for the Rochester Teen Video Festival
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|doc file: You need the Microsoft Word application to view this file, or a program that can import Word files. To learn more about this software before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Word website.|