1. Reminder, renewal notices for Online Databases were sent out last week. If you have any questions, please let either Patti Rose or Jim Belair know.
· General reminder, we have access to free trials for just about any products available
· For the High School librarians, I am going to be sending out an email about Gale’s Opposing ViewPoints Database
2. Reminder, please take a look at www.ebrary.com and send any eBook purchasing suggestions to Patti Rose. Early next week we will be placing the order.
3. Save the date: Tech Camp for School Librarians will be held again this summer on August 21. More info to follow. Also, if you would like to present a session or know someone who would, please let me know.
4. Patti Rose still has several coupons for a free copy of Clifford’s Big Birthday App. If you would like a coupon, please let Patti know.
5. Attached is information for the SSL Leadership Institute this August in Ithaca, NY. This is a great experience that I would highly recommend to everyone!
6. For schools in the Library Automation CoSER, Jane Reeves has finished setting up the Pebble Go as a digital resource for those schools which purchase this Online Database.
7. Jane Reeves created an 8 minute video tutorial for teacher’s on using Follett Resource Lists.
· If you would like to add it to your Destiny catalog, please contact Jane
· There is also a word document you can customize to create a one page handout for teachers to use. Look at the bottom of the page: http://www.monroe2boces.org/techServices.cfm?subpage=2475
8. Off-Air Highlights from WXXI are attached.
9. Upcoming Professional Development:
· Media Literacy for Students: March 27 from 3:45-5:15
· Spring Cleaning with Follett Destiny: April 10 (7:30-8:30) OR April 11 (3:45-4:45)
· VITAL Video Streaming: April 17 from 3:45-5:15
· SSL Spring 2013 Conference: April 25-April 27
10. Reminder, if you have suggestions for Fall Professional Development, please let Jim Belair know.
11. For this school libraries that are participating in the Barnes and Noble BOCES managed Nook program. Rebecca informed me they are almost finished with this process. She also asked people to hold off on purchasing any new content until the conversion is finished.
|doc file: You need the Microsoft Word application to view this file, or a program that can import Word files. To learn more about this software before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Word website.|