1. The SLS just purchased 21 new eBooks to be used within eBrary. The titles are all informational text in nature and geared towards Middle and High School students. Attached is a listing of the new titles. You can click on the title for a preview of the eBook. Once we have received the eBooks and they are in the system, I will let everyone know.
2. New audio books available for students and staff on the iPod Shuffles:
· The Book Thief
· The Hobbit
· Lord of the Rings Trilogy
February highlights for Off Air taping from PBS are attached. If you would like any of the items taped, please fill out the Off
WXXI is in need of book reviews from students to showcase for the Homework Hotline segment “Book Reports”. Please feel free to pass this along to your colleagues – anyone interested should call Lisa Famiglietti at (585) 258-0392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a session to tape at your school.
RRLC is once again running the “Library of the Year” contest”. This year’s contest will run March 1-20. More information, including promotional materials, to follow. Last year Greece Autumn Lane Elementary School (Katie Boggs) won the contest in the school category.
On Jan. 28th at 7:45 am, Pacific, ALA will announce all of its Divisions’ 2013 book and media award winners for children and teens, including all six of YALSA’s awards. Watch the announcement live from www.ala.org/yma or follow The Hub for real time blogging from the event: www.yalsa.ala.org/thehub/. Be the first to know who has won YALSA’s Printz and other awards
· Librarians supporting Common Core: January 22: Half Day (secondary in AM and elementary in PM)
12. Interesting article from Publisher’s Weekly: Scholastic Report Finds More eBook Reading Among Kids: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-industry-news/article/55496-scholastic-report-finds-more-e-book-reading-among-children.html.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|doc file: You need the Microsoft Word application to view this file, or a program that can import Word files. To learn more about this software before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Word website.|
|Excel Microsoft Office Open XML Format Spreadsheet|