1. Reminder, our regional eBook collection contains over 1130 titles that allow for unlimited simultaneous use! Quick start guides AND a video tutorials are available for all the various eBook vendors. If you have any questions, please let us know. The direct link for eBooks is: http://www.monroe2boces.org/ebooks.
2. I am pleased to announce that Monroe 2 Orleans BOCES SLS is the recipient of a Harold Hacker Grant. The grant will help fund librarians to attend the 2013 SSL Conference being held in Rochester. Stay tuned for more information on this.
3. Attached is a listing of Winter and Spring 2013 PD being conducted by the SLS and Media Departments. If you have any questions, please let us know.
4. Upcoming Professional Development:
· Regional eBook Collection: 12/13/12- 3:45-4:45
· Planning a Common Core Unit Using Information Fluency Continuum: 12/13 AND 12/14
· Follett Destiny One Search and Webpath Express: 12/19 (7:30-8:30) OR 12/20 (3:45-4:45)
· APP-ealing Library Tools (iPad Apps for libraries): 1/9/13 (7:30-8:30) OR 1/10 (3:45-4:45)
· Follett Destiny Reports: 1/16/13 (7:30-8:30) OR 1/17/13 (3:45-4:45)
6. NYLA 2013 (held in Niagara Falls) is seeking proposals to present at the Fall 2013 conference. For more information, please visit: http://www.nyla.org/images/nyla/files/2012-Conference_Program_Proposal_Form.pdf.
7. A question came up regarding Library Materials Aid. For guidance on this, please visit: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/technology/library/libmataid.html.
8. Keep an eye out for information regarding a regional school librarian workshop. We will be discussing ways librarians can support Common Core in their schools. More information to follow.
9. There is a missing ILL book- please keep an eye out for The Crossing Places.
10. Angela Boccuzzi-Reichert shared a great site for accessing free eBooks www.wegivebooks.org
11. Reminder, if there are any Capstone eBooks you would like to see added to the regional eBook collection, please email Patti Rose by 12/13. To search available titles, please visit: http://www.capstonepub.com/content/DIGITAL_CIL.
12. In January, VITAL NY (The video streaming provided by PBS) will be undergoing a massive overhaul. More information to follow.
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|