1. NOVEL NY is conducting a survey around the current Online Databases available and possible additions or removals for the future. This is your chance to ask State Ed to add Databases to NOVEL- such as Pebble Go or Gale Opposing View Points. The survey needs to be completed by 11/20/12. The link is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NOVELNY2013. Please feel free to pass this on to whomever would be interested!
2. InterLibrary Loan (ILL) Update: Jane and Karen are in the process of updated holdings in 5 Systems…Also, reminder, YOU have the ability to borrow, for free, from any Public or Academic library in our area!
3. Tuesday, November, 13 is the next SLS Council meeting. If there are items you would like discussed, please let your representative know.
4. Attached is a listing of current RRLC workshops.
5. A new report was recently released about the impact of school librarians and how school librarians raise test scores!. The study is from Pennsylvania. A nice summary of the report can be found by visiting: http://www.elc-pa.org/schoollibraryresearch_alert.html. The actual report is located: http://paschoollibraryproject.org/home.
6. Space is quickly filling up for the November and December IFC workshops. There are only around 5 slots left for each session! If you planning on attending, please RSVP ASAP with Patti Rose.
7. Reminder, we are in the process of collecting Apps that are used in a library setting! If you have Apps that you use, please share them with Karen Mitchell. The page Karen is working on for the library related Apps is: http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/SLS/useful.cfm?subpage=1657833. Note- this page is a work in progress and is still in DRAFT format!
8. Attached is a nicely put together document- Myths around the Common Core- it contains great information!
9. Reminder- each month Patti Rose is sending out usage statistics for all Online Databases and eResources purchased or provided through the SLS. If you have any questions on these, please do not hesitate to ask Patti.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|doc file: You need the Microsoft Word application to view this file, or a program that can import Word files. To learn more about this software before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Word website.|