1. iPod Shuffles update. Just about all of our 400 iPod Shuffles are checked out. We are in the process of ordering an additional 100 shuffles. Please let your teachers know this in case they try to sign some out and they are not readily available.
2. eBook update:
· Print guides and video tutorials are available for many of our eBooks. To view the materials, please visit: http://www.monroe2boces.org/ebooks.
· If there are any additional titles you would like purchased from Gale, InfoBase Publishing, or ebrary, please let Jim Belair know
· We are exploring two new vendors: Ebsco and Axis 360 (from Baker and Taylor) to add to our collection. Stay tuned for more information.
3. Last week’s Using Non-Fiction with Common Core workshop was a great event! It was a packed house on both days. Handouts from the presentation are available on the SLS Website under Professional Development. http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/SLS/professional.cfm
4. InterLibrary Loan Information:
· Reminder, we have the ability to borrow for FREE from the public library and several college/university libraries. For more information on this, please contact Patti Rose
· We are now sending gentle reminder emails to schools who have outstanding ILL requests in 5 systems. Please make sure you check your ILL requests on a regular basis!
· Churchville Chili asked that I remind everyone that they have two different Middle Schools: Middle School North and Middle School South. When sending an ILL item, please be sure it is sent to the proper location.
5. The Rochester Regional Library Council, in partnership with librarians from across Western NY, is proud to present the Library Instruction Leadership Academy (LILAC). Library instruction is an essential component of many library positions and few library degree programs require coursework in information literacy instruction. The goal of LILAC is to fill this gap for new librarians and those currently working in the field. Attached is more information.
6. The Information Fluency Continuum book from NYC has been updated as the Empire State Information Fluency Continuum. I will be printing copies of this for our region. If you would like a copy, please email Patti Rose and let her know.
7. Attached is information regarding the upcoming Children’s Book Festival held at MCC on November 10. Tons of authors will be present J
8. Upcoming Professional Development:
· SMART Boards for Librarians: November 7 (7:30-8:30) OR November 8 (3:45-4:45)
· Ensemble Workshop: November 15 (3:45-5:15)
· eBooks Part 2: November 28 (7:30-8:30) OR November 29 (3:45-4:45)
· Planning a Common Core Unit Using Information Fluency: November 29 AND November 30 (2 Day Workshop)
9. November 13th is the next SLS Council Meeting. If you have any topics you would like discussed, please let your SLS Council Representative know.
10. Last week Follett Destiny 10.5 was released. For those in the Library Automation CoSER, Jane and Karen will be contacting your districts to arrange a time to upgrade to Destiny 10.5.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|