1. Last week I sent out information regarding the newly approved APPR evaluation rubric approved by State Education. I want to remind everyone that it is a district decision as to which APPR evaluation tool to use. Even if your district is not using the librarian rubric, still look through it as it contains a ton of great information about what we should be doing. http://usny.nysed.gov/rttt/teachers-leaders/practicerubrics/Docs/nyla-rubric.pdf
2. Upcoming Professional Development:
a. Learn 360- Wednesday 10/10 7:30-8:30 OR Thursday 10/11 3:45-4:45
b. Worldbook Workshop- Thursday 10/18 3:34-5:15 (last week I listed the wrong time)
c. Marc Aronosn, Using Non-Fiction with Common Core- Wednesday 10/24 OR Thursday 10/25
d. Creating Pathfinders using One Search- Wednesday 10/31 7:30-8:30 OR Thursday 11/1 3:34-4:45
3. Reminder, with 5 Systems, each library should be checking their InterLibrary Loan requests. Even if you send a book, you need to mark it as sent within 5 Systems. This week we will begin to contact schools who have ILL requests that are MORE THAN a week old! Please log into your 5 Systems account and make sure your requests or declines are up to date.
4. Our 5 Year Plan of Service was approved by State Education. To view our plan of service, please visit: http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/SLS/sls.cfm?subpage=1399262
5. Registration is now available for the April 2013 SSL Conference being held in Rochester. The registration form is attached.
6. Attached are minutes from our last SLS Council Meeting. Thank you Marcia McCarthy for taking the minutes! On the last page are take-away items for each district liaison to discuss with their districts.
7. Over the weekend, Sylvan Dell just released an updated eBook app for the iPad. The URL to find the App is: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id500641356?mt=8. In order to use the App, you will need to know your school’s 6 digit code for your Sylvan Dell account. If you need this information re-sent, please contact Patti. This is also listed on the secured district section of the SLS Website.
8. Attached is information from RASL; Author Scott Gibala-Broxholm will be present (He wrote Maddie’s Monster Dad, which is available to ALL within our region as an eBook from Marshall Cavendish.
9. Reminder, for BEDS, use this information:
a. Total number of databases: 9 from NovelNY PLUS 4 from BOCES PLUS the total number your library purchases
b. Total number of eBooks: 866 from NovelNY (all are Twayne Author Series) PLUS 1132 from BOCES PLUS the total number your library owns
10. We are in the process of creating handouts and how to videos for all of our various eBook providers. To date, videos and guides are available for Sylvan Dell and Rosen. To view the videos or to see the guides, please visit http://www.monroe2boces.org/ebooks.
11. Online Database Trial: Ebsco has provided us with a free trial to their NoveList products until December. http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=uid&group=Trial3 Username: monroe2 Password: trial
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|