I wanted to extend a huge thank you to everyone for a wonderful and successful school year! This will be the final weekly update until September.
1. Yesterday I received notification that Learn 360 will no longer carry PBS content! I know this is HUGE and may impact many teachers! If you have downloaded PBS content from Learn 360, you are obligated by law to delete it. I do want to let everyone know that ALL PBS streaming content is available via VITAL NY. We will be sending out more information on this in the Fall! Currently, all of VITAL NY content is available through the Media Library SNAP. Also, at the Tech Camp this summer (Aug 22), WXXI will be presenting a session on how to use this site. Please follow up with myself or Joshua if you have any questions. Please share this information with your teachers.
2. Student Learning Objective (SLO) writing for School Librarians will take place this summer and will be facilitated by BOCES. The dates are August 20 and August 21. I do not have specific times yet (but plan on it being full day). If you are interested in assisting with the Librarian SLO work, please contact your ASI and let them know you would like to attend this session. Please also let me know if you are attending! There will be no charge for Librarians within Monroe 2 Orleans OR Rochester City School District to attend. If you have any questions, let me know.
3. One item I always found frustrating with Online Databases was the various username and passwords for each product! If you would like Patti Rose to assist you in changing the usernames/passwords to be uniform for all of your online databases, please let Patti know.
4. There is still room for the July 18 and July 19 Information Fluency and Common Core Planning Workshop- if interested please let us know ASAP!! Also, there is still time to register for the Tech Camp for School Librarians.
5. Reminder, if you are working on summer curriculum work, please let us know if you would like anyone to lend a hand or answer questions. The Instructional Resources page from the SLS website contains links and information on a wide range of topics that teachers will find useful and helpful! http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/SLS/randl.cfm.
6. Teachingbooks.net is providing an annual report listing all new content and directions it has taken this past year. To read the report, please visit: http://TeachingBooks.net/AnnualReport.
7. Reminder, if currently have a Nook from Barns and Noble and would like the Nook transferred over the Managed Account set up, please let me know ASAP! The deadline for this is tomorrow. On Monday, I send a listing to Barns and Noble of all the devices and content for each school that contacted me. If your devices are not included on that list, Barnes and Noble probably will not allow you to transfer your past purchases onto all the devices when a future changeover is made to the Managed Account.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|