1. Attached is a brochure that explains what the Information Fluency Continuum is. The meat of the brochure starts on page 3- it goes through, by grade level, what it is and the skills students should posse! This will be a large part of the Common Core planning workshops taking place through the SLS over the summer and in the fall. Please take a few moments and look it over. Let me know if you have any questions.
2. QUEST Elementary School (Hilton) is looking for schools that will share the expenses of bringing in Jack Gantos for an author visit (April 8-11, 2013). This is the week after Spring Break and the week before testing. If interested, please contact Stephanie Harney (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP. Stephanie is estimating the price per school to be around $1225.
· Please complete the SLS End of Year Evaluation Survey: http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/SLS/forms.cfm?myForm=17328
· Please complete the ILL Statistical Usage Survey: http://teachersites.schoolworld.com/webpages/SLS/forms.cfm?myForm=17327
4. Summer PD from the School Library System:
· Tech Camp- All Day, July 22 (see attached)
· Common Core Unit Planning using Information Fluency (see attached)
· RRLC is also holding several PD sessions ranging from Follett Destiny to Internet Searching to Best Non-Fiction books for secondary students. Please visit the RRLC for more information.
5. The call for proposals is out for the SSL (Section of School Librarians) conference being held in Rochester. This past year it was held in Binghamton and there were over 225 school librarians from across the state present.
6. The SLS has been working with the Democrat and Chronicle to provide access for our students and teachers for the Online Edition of the newspaper. I will send out directions tomorrow (Friday, 6/1/12) on how to access the site.
7. Media Dept:
· We just received an additional 50 iPod Shuffles- this brings our total to 378 units
· Please remind staff to take a moment and log into their SNAP account to see if they have any outstanding overdue items.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|