1. Library Automation CoSER Update:
· Follett just released an update to Destiny (version 10.1). We will NOT be updating to this version until the summer. If anyone has questions around this, please let us know.
· We have several barcode scanners (both wired and wireless) that we can lend to schools for inventory. If interested in using them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. (see below for upcoming Inventory Workshops).
2. Upcoming PD Workshops:
· Best Books Middle and High School- May 2 from 3:30-4:30.
· Best Books Elementary- May 10 from 4:00-5:00
· Follett Destiny Inventory: May 23 from 7:30-8:30 OR May 24 3:30-4:30
3. Summer PD Workshops:
· Common Core Unit Planning using Information Fluency: July 17 AND July 18 (More information coming soon)
· Free Digital Collections with Michael Hunter (RRLC): July 24 from 9:00-12:00
· Destiny Home Page (RRLC): July 25 from 8:30-11:30
· Destiny Visual Search (RRLC): July 26 from 8:30-11:30
· Kathleen Odean- The Best New Young Adult Books For Grades 6-12 With A Special Focus On Nonfiction For The Common Core Standards (RRLC): August 13
· Tech Camp for School Librarians: August 22
4. Joshua Perks has identified several VHS tapes that have NOT circulated in the past 4 years. If anyone is interested in housing these videos in your library, please let Joshua know. The videos would remain the property of BOCES but would be located in your library. Please send Joshua your list of videos by May 9. On May 10, we will begin disposing of the VHS tapes in accordance with Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES Policy.
5. Patti Rose still has 16 Children’s Book Week posters left. If you would like one, please let Patti Know.
6. Audiobooks: The latest addition to the audio library is I Am Number Four by Pittacus Love. If you have any other suggestions for audio book purchase, please let Joshua Perks know ASAP.
7. Interesting YouTube Video on The Social Revolution 2012. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eUeL3n7fDs&feature=related.
8. Carrie Russell, Director, Program on Public Access to Information, American Library Association shared this link to a fairly detailed EASI webinar on e-reader accessibility by Ken Petri from Ohio State University. (EASI stands for Equal Access to Software & Information). Petri explains all of the conditions that must be in place to provide information access to people with disabilities and encourages people to contact manufacturers of e-readers and ask for accessibility enhancements.
9. Noodle Tools, one of the Online Database offerings that allows students to make bibliographies, is releasing an update this summer. For more information on the update, please view their two minute video: http://www.noodletools.com/software/demo2012/.
10. Teen Book Festival Update: Authors will now be arriving at Nazareth College for the red carpet welcoming event at 8:45 am. They will be greeted by the Greece Marching Band. Also, they have updated their website with the latest author and news information. Please visit: http://tbflive.org/.
11. InterLibrary Loan Information:
· The last day to request an ILL title is May 11
· All ILL materials should be returned by June 8
· Toward the end of May, we will be sending out a survey asking each school to report the number of ILL conducted this year
· Reminder, please make sure you update all your ILL requests in 5 Systems. This includes marking a pending item as sent.
|Excel Microsoft Office Open XML Format Spreadsheet|