1. The School Library System is now able to assist our districts with Nook devices and content purchases. For more information, please contact Jim Belair.
2. Save the Date: Rochester Regional Library Council is bringing in Kathleen Odean on August 13. Kathleen is an expert in Young Adult Literature with an emphasis on Non-Fiction and the Common Core Learning Standards. More information to follow!
3. Reminder, the 2012 NYLA Section of School Librarians Conference registration is now open. For more information, please see the attached document. Also attached is a message from the NYLA/SSL President about joining or renewing your membership in NYLA/SSL.
4. We have purchased new Marshall Cavendish eBook titles. Please see the attached list. We are still waiting for the MARC records; once they arrive we will upload them. If there is a title you would like to use now, you can access the new eBooks directly from the Marshall Cavendish site. Visit http://www.monroe2boces.org/ebooks and click on the Marshall Cavendish logo.
5. Upcoming Professional Development:
· March 28 (7:30-8:30) OR March 29 (3:30-4:30)- Advanced Follett Destiny Cataloging
· April 4 (7:30-8:30) OR April 5 (3:30-4:30)- Spring Cleaning your Follett Destiny Catalog
· April 18 (7:30-8:30) OR April 19 (3:30-4:30)- Follett Destiny Roundtable
· April 25 (7:30-8:30) OR April 26 (3:30-4:30)- Inventory in Follett Destiny
6. On Monday, April 30. Dr. Barbara Stripling will be giving a presentation called “Reaching the Common Core: The Value of School Libraries”. This will take place at Oneida BOCES in New Hartford, NY. Please see the attached flyer.
7. From John Brock at State Ed: Learning Technology Grant: Grant funding in the amount of $3.285 million is available to provide progressive integration of instructional technology in classrooms and library media centers, and to provide sustained professional development to increase the skills of teachers in the use of instructional technology, in order to help students attain higher levels of performance in the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards. Applicants for funding must include Persistently Lowest Achieving (PLA)/Schools Under Registration Review (SURR). Applications for funding may be obtained at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/funding/currentapps.html . Applications must be postmarked by May 18, 2012. For additional information, E-mail email@example.com.
8. Teen Book Festival Update: On the TBF resources page, they have information on all the authors who will be attending. Also included is a guide that lists what one book each author would recommend is read. http://tbflive.org/?pg=Resources.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|doc file: You need the Microsoft Word application to view this file, or a program that can import Word files. To learn more about this software before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Word website.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|