SLS Update 11/08/2011 eBook Update
All- please see below for updates regarding the SLS eBook Library:
- We have received the records for the Rosen New York State eBook Collection! Karen Mitchell has just finished uploading them to the SLS eBook library. A keyword search for Rosen will display the eBooks. Note, these titles are aligned to the 5th grade curriculum. When using the eBooks from Rosen, be sure to explore all the enhanced features (primary source documents, biographies, multimedia items…) located along the left hand side.
- Reminder, please submit request for eBook purchases from eBrary to Patti Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org). The materials found in this collection are primarily for High Schools. I am attaching a list provided to me from ProQuest which lists the top purchased titles.
The URL to eBrary is http://site.ebrary.com/lib/m2boces.
Usersname / Password
m2boces1 / 8C4G4K
m2boces2 / SLXEHC
m2boces3 / 5FI7SR
m2boces4 / 8V13DI
m2boces5 / A5BZSD
- Reminder, please take a look at the Sylvan-Dell eBooks. Feedback is needed if we are going to purchase this collection. You can leave feedback by answering a one question survey at: http://doodle.com/kntcencbe95uechm
The URL to Sylvan-Dell is: http://www.sylvandellpublishing.com/sitelicense.php?sc=80UYKS. Then click on the term eBooks in the top left corner
- We have purchased an additional 434 titles from Marshall Cavendish. We are still waiting for the records to arrive. I am attaching a listing of the new titles we will be receiving from this company. Attached is a listing of the new titles. Once we have the records and they have been uploaded to the eBook Library, I will let everyone know.
- I am in the process of finalizing the purchase list for eBooks from InfoBase Publishing. Once the order is submitted, I will let everyone know.
- A long term goal is to add age ranges into the records (Elementary, Middle or High). If anyone is interested in assisting with this project, please let me know.
- We will be updating the eBook Informational Flyer. After it is updated, I will let everyone know.
- The BOCES SLS welcomes the opportunity to do presentations to your faculty or individual departments on using the eBook collection. On Wednesday, January 4, 2012 from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. or Thursday, January 5, 2012 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. we will be holding a workshop for any teachers, librarian, or library staff member on how to use this collection. To register, please contact Patti Rose (email@example.com).
If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the eBook collection, please let me know.
Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES
School Library System Director
3625 Buffalo Rd
Rochester, NY 14624
||doc file: You need the Microsoft Word application to view this file, or a program that can import Word files. To learn more about this software before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Word website.
||Excel Microsoft Office Open XML Format Spreadsheet