1. Tech Camp Update:
· The following sessions are currently scheduled: Google Tools, Maker Spaces, Maker Spaces Clubs, Zotero, Aurasma, Symbaloo, NY Heritage Web Site, Follett Destiny, ePub/eBook Creation, Regional eBook Collection
· We still have a couple more slots to fill! If you have any ideas for sessions please let me know!
· We are thrilled Sara Kelly Johns (NYLA President) and Jeff Cannell (Deputy Commissioner of NYSED Cultural Education) will be joining us for this event
2. Uncommon Approaches to the Common Core Update:
· The following Cultural Institutions will be participating:
i. Genesee Country Village & Museum
ii. Strong Museum of Play
iii. Public Library (Monroe, Pioneer, and NIOGA)
iv. Rochester Museum and Science Center
v. Susan B. Anthony House
vi. Memorial Art Gallery
vii. Democrat & Chronicle Newspapers in Education
viii. Seneca Park Zoo
ix. Monroe County Historian’s Office
xii. Rochester Broadway Theatre League (RBTL)
· Please share this information with your teachers AND administrators!
3. InterLibrary Loan
· Please record your ILL Stats by June 17: http://www.monroe2boces.org/forms.cfm?myForm=274
4. From the Media Library: we upgraded our CCC! STEM Package to the full CCC! Video Streaming Package. This now includes over 5,000 programs and 100,000 video clips that spans the PK-12 curriculum. To access these titles, and all other streaming titles, visit the Media Portal. If you have any questions, please contact either Joshua Perks or Jim Belair
5. If you would like someone to stop over and review the new Axis 360 eBook collection with you, please contact either Jane Reeves or Jim Belair. We welcome the opportunity to visit with you one-on-one and share this new resource.
6. Reminder, please be sure to complete the SLS End of Year Evaluation: http://www.monroe2boces.org/forms.cfm?myForm=262
7. Earlier this week I sent out information regarding a meeting between High School and Academic Librarians on June 24 from 12:00-3:00. Please be sure to RSVP if you are attending. http://doodle.com/3aiy4gnbfdyq3642
8. Reminder, the Media Library is still lending audio books, iPod Shuffles, DVDs, Flip Camcorders, Digital Cameras…These items will be due back to the Media Library no later than June 20.
9. Registration is now open for the RRLC Sponsored Judy Freeman Best New Books PK-6 Workshop taking place on July 18 at Central Library. If you have a classroom teacher who would like to attend, they must do so with their school librarian. http://rrlc.org/events/judy-freeman/
Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES
School Library System Director
3625 Buffalo Rd
Rochester, NY 14624
Office: (585) 349-9099
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|