Thank you everyone for a fantastic school year! You have accomplished much this year and I look forward to working with everyone to continuing to build our programs and services!
1. Congratulations and best wishes:
· Janet Clarke-Hazlett, librarian, from Greece Odyssey on her retirement
· Pat Daubendiek, librarian, from Greece Holmes Rd on her retirement
· Cindy Dole, librarian, from Greece Lakeshore Elementary on her retirement
· Kim Conzola, librarian, from Churchville Chile Chestnut Ridge on her retirement
· Tina Charette, library clerk, from TJ Conner School on her retirement
· Debbie Durst, library page, from Gates Chili HS on her retirement
· Joshua Perks, media library, from BOCES on his move to Boston
2. Reminder, there are still some open slots for the Kathleen Odean Best New Books 6-12. Kathleen is an amazing presenter and will share several tips and hints on using the books she shares
· Target audience are librarians, ELA and Reading teachers
3. Reminder, Tech Camp will take place on August 18 at Fairport Johanna Perrin Middle School
· Sessions include: 3D Printing, Minecraft, LibGuides, Mission US, Follett, Citing Digital Resources, Chromebooks, Video Production on the iPad, Coding, plus many others!
· Vendors include: Britannica Digital Learning, Children’s Plus, INC, Delany Education, Gumdrop Books, Hilko Library Services (Cavendish Square), InfoBase Learning (Learn 360), Mackin, myOn, New Dimension (CCC!), Perma-Bound, Soundzabound, StarWalk Kids, Arbordale, Norwood Press, Rosen Publishing, World Book, Thinkersize, Scholastic Book Fairs, Gale Cengage
· To register: http://rrlc.org/events/tech-camp-summer-school-2015/
4. Recent study which shows that School Libraries Do Increase Student Achievement
· Based on NY Schools
· Research Study main contact is Dr. Joette Stefl-Mabry from SUNY Albany
· For more information: http://www.nyla.org/max/4DCGI/cms/review.html?Action=CMS_Document&DocID=6&MenuKey=eBulletin
5. Congrats to Greece Lakeshore Elementary students! They had 17 students who wrote and illustrated a book of poetry and entered it into Scholastic's contest in March. They were selected as the Scholastic 2015 Kids are Authors Honorable Mentions
6. Reminder, if you have not done so…
· SLS End of Year Evaluation: http://www.monroe2boces.org/forms.cfm?myForm=296
· InterLibrary Loan Stats Form: http://www.monroe2boces.org/forms.cfm?myForm=299
7. We are in the process of setting up LibGuide accounts for those who are interested. Jane Reeves will be sending out additional information on this. Also, Jen Cannell (McLaughlin) will be doing a session at Tech Camp on LibGuides.
On behalf of the SLS/Media Library, we wish everyone an enjoyable and restful summer!