1. Lindsay Neumire assembled several streaming videos and eBooks that your students and teachers may find useful for Presidents Day. Please see the attached document for titles and direct links.
2. We have added several new secondary eBooks to the Axis 360 platform. Please see the attached spreadsheet for titles added.
· These are popular fiction titles
· If you would like additional information on using or accessing Axis 360 please contact Lindsay Neumire (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Over the past couple of years we have worked with most of our school libraries to update your online resources page. One item that should be included on this list for all our Follett schools is WebPath Express. This is an add on which allows users to search for websites that are hand selected by professionals from Follett. All the sites are leveled.
· Attached is the direct link for WebPath Express for each school
· If you need assistance adding this to your eResources page please let us know
4. The American Library Association's Public Programs Office recently announced an opportunity for K-8 school librarians to apply for a $5,000 humanities programming prize. Nominations must be received by May 6, 2016.
· For more information please visit: http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2016/02/school-librarians-invited-apply-5000-humanities-programming-prize
5. RRLC will again sponsor their Library of the Year contest this April! Voting will take place April 4-April 16.
· For more information please visit: http://rrlc.org/services/advocacy/library-of-the-year-2016/
· 2015 winner: Greece Craig Hill Elementary School
· 2014 winner: Brockport High School
6. Hilton QUEST Elementary School has entered the Follett Challenge this year with our Genius Time Program this year. Two years ago they placed fourth place. They are trying again to win! Please take a second to vote for their program: http://www.follettchallenge.com/video.cfm?id=637
7. WXXI Education Newsletter: http://view.et.nprstations.org/?j=fea115727366057f75&m=fe8a12737d61057470&ls=fe1e1d7477630574711c75&l=ff951076&s=fe1e16747161017b721c78&jb=ffca11&ju=fe5116767c6c027f7d11&utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20160203&utm_campaign=&utm_term=&r=0
8. Interesting articles:
· Libraries and Makerspaces-- How today's libraries are reinventing themselves as Makerspaces: http://www.edtechmagazine.com/k12/Libraries-and-Makerspaces#ovgRlQgEz6drYqhf.03 .
· Transforming a school library into a Learning Commons: : http://www.stantec.com/blog/2016/transforming-school-libraries-into-learning-commons.html#.VrNWHk32aM9
9. Upcoming Webinars:
· Attached are webinars from Scholastic GO! Note- there is a focus on Social Studies
· Attached are webinars from Gale. Specific products include World History in Context, Literature Criticism Online, GVRL, and Science in Context
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|
|Excel Microsoft Office Open XML Format Spreadsheet|