1. eBook update:
· 96 new titles from Marshall Cavendish are added to your catalogs
· 88 new titles from Cavendish square are added to your catalogs
· StarWalk Kids
i. Changing names to Fable Learning
ii. There are 8 titles that the company lost the rights to. However, we have added 22 new titles
1. Titles removed: 123 Introducing Numbers, ABC Introducing the Alphabet, Animals Apes to Zebra, Exploring the World of Art, Discovering Music Horizons, Share & Colors Rainbows Circles and Squares, Spanish and English Simple Words and Phrases, Talking Hands Discovery Sign Language
2. Tech Camp update:
· August 16th and 17th
· Keynotes: Jennifer LaGarde (Library Girl Blog) and Dr. Anthony Betrus (Professor at SUNY Potsdam in Education Technology and STEM)
· We are currently developing workshop sessions now. If you are interested in presenting (or co-presenting) on something with technology, literacy, collaboration or leadership please let Jim Belair know.
3. Fall Professional Development: Your School Library System and Instructional Media is currently developing Fall PD. If there are topics you would like to see included please let us know.
4. Online Database Trial Information:
· Attached is info for World and I.
· Attached is info for NewsBank. They have a large collection of Historical Newspapers which is an ideal Primary Source Database
i. http://infoweb.newsbank.com Username: ncdnyboces Password: ncdnyboces
5. John Brock, from NYSED, is looking for librarians who can assist with SLMPE help revisions. Please see the attached document for more information.
6. Reminder, there is a trial for SCOLA (Foreign Language Media Resource) taking place until April 30, 2016.
· www.scola.org Username: boces2 Password: boces2
7. The latest SSL Newsletter: https://www.nyla.org/max/SSL_Update.html
8. If you know of anyone interested in becoming a school librarian, please encourage them to apply! There will be several openings the Rochester area next year! Below are programs in our area that will lead to school librarian certification.
· St. John Fisher College: http://www.sjfc.edu/academics/education/departments/library-media/
· University at Buffalo: http://gse.buffalo.edu/lis
· Syracuse University: https://ischool.syr.edu/
9. The Monroe 2 BOCES ESP (Elementary Science Program) is hosting a summer coding camp for kids- not this is not being done by ESP, they are just using ESP facilities.
10. WXXI items:
· April Educators Newsletter: http://click.et.nprstations.org/?qs=67684edbb2a131ad94adb543fce6a98942b6354f15866c6b2822741503dc6147bf14363db9e3472d
· Attached is the May 2015 Off Air Highlights for PBS (include Regents Review shows)
11. Attached are upcoming PD items from RRLC.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|
|Excel Microsoft Office Open XML Format Spreadsheet|