My apologies for not sending out an update since April…
1. An awesome website that aligns the IFC to Social Studies! This is a new site that is still being built! Please check it out!
2. Registration is now open for the annual Librarian Tech Camp! This year it is a two day event and will also include strands on Leadership and Collaboration.
· August 16th and 17th. Yes, the school is fully air conditioned. You can register for one day or both days
· For more information: http://rrlc.org/events/leading-with-tlc/
3. I am thrilled to announce that Colleen Wilson is the new librarian at Churchville Chili Chestnut Ridge Library. Her email address is: email@example.com
4. On Friday, May 13, 2016 Kate DiCamillo, 2016-2017 Summer Reading Champion, presented a webcast and Q&A with students and schools from around the country. The webcast was hosted by the Edgewood School in Woodridge, IL. Kate spoke about the benefits of libraries and summer reading, her new book Raymie Nightingale, as well as her career as an author. Many of you wished to attend the webcast, but were unable to do so due to scheduling conflicts. To view it please visit: http://kinber.njvid.net/show.php?pid=njcore:85382&retc=njcore:64035 or http://kinber.org/kate-dicamillo/.
5. The University at Buffalo is offering Online Professional Development courses for librarians this fall. Please see the attached document for more information.
· Becoming a vital member of your school community
· Twitter for School Librarians
· Each course is approximately $600. There are also scholarships available to cover the cost of the course (first come, first serve basis): For more info on the scholarship http://gse.buffalo.edu/ccpe/tuition
6. Attached are PD offerings from RRLC.
7. WXXI Online Education Newsletter: http://view.et.nprstations.org/?qs=819f2e4f82228c0764c82055eb012cf743aaaac9c8296bdd8e9cb492219960d6ebf442018d4a4b885152aac71d7822883a6c42b886766404152fcfc8d7e7f465f2bfe2861b1e1297
8. Reminder- the deadline for the RRLC Break Through Grants is May 31.
· The purpose is to encourage libraries to seek innovative ways of operating and providing services. We are looking for a breakthrough — a promising idea, software, program, service, practice, or product that will break new ground for libraries. The funded activity should address a problem, challenge, or need in libraries
· For more information: http://rrlc.org/services/grant-opportunities/rrlc-breakthru-grant-for-libraries/
9. Attached is information for the NYLA/SSL Summer Institute Scholarships. There are many available!
10. NYSCATE is looking for Requests for Proposals for the 2016 Conference held in Rochester. The deadline is June 1.
· For more information and to submit a proposal, please visit: http://nyscate.org/conferences.cfm?subpage=943
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|doc file: You need the Microsoft Word application to view this file, or a program that can import Word files. To learn more about this software before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Word website.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|