On behalf of the Monroe 2 Orleans BOCES School Library System & Media Dept, I would like to say welcome back and happy new year!
1. Tweaks to the SLS Update
This year we are making a few tweaks to the SLS Weekly Update. We are going to limit the number of items being shared to no more than five. Also, each week Cathy Hoose or Lindsay Neumire will be sending out a ROAR (Revisiting Our Area’s Resources) which will highlight an eResource, tool, or option available from the SLS & Media Department.
2. Fall Professional Development
Attached are the Fall Professional Development opportunities available to librarians and teachers in our region. These are free to attend. Please share with your teachers and staff as appropriate.
· Back to School Destiny Refresher Webinar on Sept 13 from 4:00-5:00 (Library Staff Only)
· LibGuides for Beginners on Sept 27 from 12:30-3:30 (Library Staff or Teachers)
· BOCES 2 Makerspace Kits for Libraries- Secondary on Oct 19 from 8:00-11:00 (Library Staff Only)
· BOCES 2 Makerspace Kits for Libraries- Elementary on Oct 19 from 12:30-3:30 (Library Staff Only)
· So You Think You Know BrainPop on Oct 25 from 3:45-4:45 (Library Staff or Teachers)
· Mitinet Cataloging Tools are Now Online Webinar on Nov 9 from 4:00-5:00 (Library Staff Only)
· Awesome Animated Presentations with PowToon on Nov 17 from 12:30-3:30 (Library Staff or Teachers)
· LibGuides Advanced on Nov 29 from 12:30-3:30 (Library Staff or Teachers)
· Integrating Media Resources into your Instruction- Secondary on Dec 14 from 3:30-4:30 (Library Staff or Teachers)
· Integrating Media Resources into your Instruction- Elementary on Dec 15 from 4:00-5:00 (Library Staff or Teachers)
3. Welcome New Librarians
We would like to welcome several new librarians / TOSAs to our region
s! Additionally, we want everyone to be aware of librarians who have changed schools and/or districts.
· Churchville Chili, Chestnut Ridge Elementary: Colleen Wilson (started this past June)
· Churchville Chili, Churchville Elementary (Long Term Sub): To Be Determined
· Churchville Chili, High School: Sarah Amorese (pending Board approval)
· Gates Chili, Armstrong Elementary: Susan Swift (formerly at Gates Chili High School)
· Gates Chili, High School: Rebecca Postell (formerly split between Gates Chili High School and Middle School)
· Greece, Olympia: Rachel Goforth (formerly at Greece Paddy Hill)
· Greece, Paddy Hill: Lauren McCormick (formerly at Rochester City School District)
· Hilton, Village Elementary: Sara Baglioni (formerly at Kendall CSD)
· Kendall, Elementary School: Mary Kay Bellwood (TOSA assigned to the Library)
· Kendall, JR/SR High School: Alicia Charland (TOSA assigned to the Library)
· Wheatland Chili, JR/SR High School: Jennifer Vogt (Lima Christian School)
4. Updated Access Card
Each librarian should have received a newly updated Access Card. These are great guides for your students and teachers on what resources are available and how to access them.
· If you have additional resources you would like added, please contact Patti Rose.
· Attached is a generic Access Card (it is in Publisher)
· These cards contain all your eBook, Media Library, Online Database, plus several other eResource types
5. 2016 SLS End of Year Evaluation
Attached are the results from the 2016 SLS End of Year Evaluation. Please note, someone from the SLS & Instructional Media Dept may be in contact with you for follow up questions or training.
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|
|pub file: You need Microsoft Office Publisher in order to view this file. Visit the Microsoft website to learn more about viewing options.|