1. User Support Instructor Position
The BOCES SLS is hiring for a User Support Instructor. The primary duties will be to support Follett Destiny and other library related technologies (such as MakerSpaces). Please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested. If you have any questions, please contact Jim Belair. For additional details or to apply please visit: https://secure.myschooljobs.org/monroeboces2//jobs.cfm?job=524290&cat=87&getjob=1
2. Scholarships for the NYLA/SSL Conference
· The Monroe 2 Orleans BOCES is excited to offer SEVEN scholarships to school librarians in the Monroe 2 Orleans BOCES region to attend the NYLA/SSL Conference held in Buffalo on May 4- May 6. This will cover full registration at the NYLA/SSL Member Rate (transportation is NOT included). Please see the attached file called NYLA SSL 2017 Conference Grant Application.
· In addition to the Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES scholarships, NYLA has several scholarships and grants that are available that will cover transportation costs as well. Note- there is even a scholarship for someone currently enrolled in a MLS program. Please see the attached file called NYLA Scholarships for a full listing.
3. The Digies
Submissions for the 11th annual Digies Digital Media Festival are now open for school aged children. Submissions are welcome from both schools and public libraries. The submissions do not have to have been created in these spaces, they just need to be submitted by an employee to make sure they are appropriate for a K-12 festival audience.
· All submissions are done electronically through the Digies website at http://digies.org.
· Attached is a poster and a brochure for this event
· Please share as appropriate
4. Sokol Literary Awards Contest
The Friends & Foundation of the Rochester Public Library invites Monroe County student writers in grades 9 – 12 to enter their poetry, short fiction prose and/or recorded performances in the 2017 Sokol High School Literary Awards Contest. The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
· Attached is additional information
5. Deep Run Screening
WXXI received a grant to hold a screening and discussion for “Deep Run” http://www.deeprunfilm.com/.
· DEEP RUN is a powerful verité portrait of trans life in rural North Carolina. Exiled by her family and rejected by an ex, 17-year-old Spazz has no one to lean on for support. But when Spazz falls in love again and summons up the courage to become Cole, a strong-willed trans man, his candid humor and steadfast, all-inclusive Christian beliefs counter the bigotry he experiences daily. This intimate documentary reveals rebirth and courage within America’s deeply conservative Bible Belt.
· The event is scheduled for Wednesday - April 19, 2017 from 6:30-9 p.m. at The Little Theatre.
· The event will be free and open to the public – the target audience are youth and young adults in the Rochester area
· More details to follow…
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|