1. Save the Dates:
· HS & College Libraries: Collaborating for Student Success on May 24 at SUNY Brockport. Next week we should have a formal flyer created.
· Judy Freeman’s Books Kids will Sit Still For on 5/31 at MCC. Full Day. Free to attend. More info to come.
· Kathleen Odean’s Best Books for Teens on 6/22 at Monroe 1. Full Day. Free to attend. More info to come.
· 2017 Tech Camp will be August 21 and 22 at Gates Chili HS. Free to attend. More info to come.
2. RRLC Information:
· RRLC announced the start of the 2017/2018 Technology Grants. This is what we used at BOCES 2 when we first started our MakerSpace program.
i. For more information:
ii. This is important- individual school libraries are not eligible to apply on their own. The application has to be done through BOCES. It is encouraged to work with other districts and/or other library types (such as academic or public)
· Attached is a listing of upcoming RRLC Workshops
· Silo-Busting 2017
i. 3rd Annual Silo-Busting event will be April 25th from 2-4 at the Rochester Brainery.
ii. Attached is additional information
· RRLC is sponsoring a Networking Event at the Genesee Brew House on 3/23. For more information: https://rrlc.org/event-details/networking-event-at-the-genesee-brew-house/
3. NYSED’s Office of Educational Design and Technology:
· The office is forming a new advisory committee which will meet monthly for approximately 1 hour each month, in the late afternoon. A teleconference option will be available for those members who live at a distance.
· Their goal is to obtain feedback and advice from the educational community regarding such matters as:
i. Technology Planning
ii. BYOD and 1:1 initiatives
iii. Computer-based Testing
iv. Technology-related funding sources
v. Professional Development
vi. Online and Blended learning
vii. The role of School Librarians in educational technology
viii. Technology Literacy Standards
ix. Educational technology-related statewide policy
· P-20 educators, administrators, educational leaders, and members of educational organizations with an interest in Educational Technology are encouraged to apply. The membership application is available at: Educational Technology Advisory Committee Application. Please apply by the deadline of March 31st, 2017.
4. Teen Video Challenge:
· The Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) has just extended the deadline for entries for the 2017 Teen Video Challenge (TVC) to mid-March, so we have extended the deadline for New York State entries. The new TVC flyer is attached
· Any New York State teen aged 13-18 is encouraged to create a short video promoting the fun and benefits of Summer Reading at their public library.
· The committee wants to see their interpretation of the 2017 Collaborative Summer Library Program teen slogan “Build a Better World.”
· Entries compete for state and national recognition, as well as a $50 gift certificate from Upstart for the sponsoring library of the winning entry.
· For information and printable TVC forms, please visit: www.summerreadingnys.org/teens/teens-video-challenge/#forms
5. Attached is a listing of Cavendish Square eBook titles now available in Axis 360.
6. Upcoming PD:
o Converting and editing audio and video
o Creating, cropping and customizing photos, images, and graphics
o Producing screenshots, snips, and screen grabs
o Producing and distributing live motion, animated, and interactive videos Computers and mobile devices will be available; however, participants should bring their own laptop and smartphone or mobile device, along with a collection of digital pictures, photos, and project ideas you'd like to implement in your classroom.
|xls file: You need Microsoft Excel to view this file. To learn more about this program before purchasing it, visit the Microsoft Excel website.|
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|