1. Tech Camp
· Tech Camp will be August 21 and August 22 at Gates Chili High School
· The first day will feature various vendor partners. The second day will feature a makerspace petting zoo
· I would highly encourage folks to submit a proposal to present. It could be on technology, makerspace, instruction, collaboration…
· Stay tuned- registration will be opening soon for this event!
2. RASL Author Dinner
· Great opportunity to dine with national authors!
· Sponsored by RASL- you do NOT have to be a RASL member to attend!
· Keynote is by Michael Buckley (The Sisters Grimm and NERDS. He has released his YA trilogy The Undertow Trilogy and will be raffling off a signed set after our dinner)
· Other authors attending are:
i. Cynthia Lord: Debut novel "Rules" was a 2007 Newbery Honor book and winner of the Schneider Family Book Award. Many titles include "Half a Chance", "Touch Blue", "Handful of Stars", "Shelter Pet Squad Series" "Hot rod Hamster Series"
ii. A.S. King: Author of "Me and Marvin Gardens", "Still Life With Tornado", "I Crawl Through It", "Glory O'Brien's History of the Future", "Reality Boy", "Ask the Passengers", "Everybody Sees the Ants ", "Please Ignore Vera Dietz " and "Dust of 100 Dogs".
iii. E.E. Charlton-Trukilo: "Currently, I’m directing my second feature documentary, writing three novels plus a trilogy and a "Fat Angie" sequel! It’s a busy, busy life, but one I’m honored to live because it is always about empowering readers to know they are not alone. They are part of a human story and that matters every single day."
iv. Don Calame: is an accomplished screenwriter and the award-winning author of four novels," Swim the Fly", 2009, "Beat the Band", 2011, "Call the Shots", 2013 and "Dan Versus Nature", 2016..Don has written screenplays for Universal Studios, Marvel Entertainment, Paramount Pictures, Lions Gate Entertainment, Village Roadshow Pictures and the Disney Channel.
v. Please see attached flyer for additional info (MBuckley). To register CLICK HERE
· Reminder- check out the LibGuide Lindsay has put together featuring all the various MakerSpace items: http://libguides.monroe2boces.org/makers
· If you have any pictures, videos, lessons, strategies, hints or tricks on using the various resources please be sure to email Lindsay (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Upcoming PD
· Judy Freeman- May 31. Full Day workshop on Best New Books for Kids (Elementary). To be held at MCC. To register: https://www.mylearningplan.com/WebReg/ActivityProfile.asp?I=2403747&D=18636
· Kathleen Odean- June 22. Full Day workshop on Best New Books for Teens. Registration will be open soon on this.
· Attached is a listing of upcoming PD from RRLC (05 CE System Mailing May 2017)
5. InterLibrary Loan Information
· Last day to request an item is May 19, 2017
· All items should be returned by June 9, 2017
· If you make any side deals with other libraries there is no need to let me know
6. End of Year Evaluation
· Reminder, please complete the SLS End of Year Evaluation by June 9, 2017
· Plan on 20-25 minutes to complete the evaluation
· To access please visit: http://www.monroe2boces.org/forms.cfm?myForm=361
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|