ROAR for 6/08/2017
DESTINY – END OF YEAR PROCEDURES
Before you leave for the summer, here are some library automation tasks to complete:
- VERY IMPORTANT: Turn off any automated email notices going to staff, students or ILL patrons.
- Holds & Reserves - Decide if you need to delete them or leave active for the start of the next school year.
- Please inform the Library Automation Team if the library will be open and/or circulating during the summer. This allows maintenance to be scheduled when it will not interrupt library operations. If the library will be used for summer school, please let us know.
- Some libraries need to submit reports with statistical information at the end of year. Some common ones are listed below.
Popular END OF YEAR Reports:
· To find items deleted/weeded: Reports>Library Reports> Weeding Log. Select the date ranges needed; by month, school year, calendar year.
- Circulation statistics. Circulation>Library Information. Choose a date range.
- BEDS’ type information: Reports>Library Reports>Statistics>Collection Statistics Summary
You can set up the library calendar for the next school year. Instructions and a tutorial are located on the "Back to School" help page.
Please contact the BOCES2 SLS Library Automation Team with any questions.