1. Future Ready Libraries
· Ted X talk from Mark Ray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IniFUB7worY (it is under 10 minutes and worth watching)
i. To learn more about Mark Ray: http://futureready.org/profiles/mark-ray/
· To learn more about Future Ready Libraries: http://futureready.org/program-overview/librarians/
· In essence, it has 7 main parts that all are connected to Personalized Student Learning:
i. Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
ii. Personalized Professional Learning
iii. Robust Infrastructure
iv. Budget and Resources
v. Community Partnerships
vi. Data and Privacy
vii. Collaborative Leadership
viii. Use of Space and Time
· The Link above has a great visual which shows the 7 parts!
2. Library Redesign
· Several of our area school libraries are looking at re-designing their spaces
· Erie 1 BOCES Creation Space which could easily be a library classroom: http://siteviewar.com/3d-model/e1b-creation-space/skinned/
· Erie 1 BOCES Active Learning Space which could easily be a library classroom: http://siteviewar.com/3d-model/e1b-active-learning-space/skinned/
· Broom Tioga BOCES SLS recently did a workshop on school library re-design. They have shared their presentation: http://tinyurl.com/libspaces2017
· Please contact Jim Belair if you are thinking about or working on a library re-design
3. WXXI Updates
· Attached are various workshops provided by WXXI
· These are geared towards PK-2 grade
· They are focused on environmental conservation and marine biology
· BrainPop is excited to host a Certified BrainPOP Educator workshop at the annual NYSCATE Conference in Rochester on Sunday, November 19th, from 12:30PM-4:30PM. This workshop will provide the foundation for becoming a Certified BrainPOP Educator (CBE) for your school or district – or it can just be a fun and engaging session where you will learn more about their newest features.
· The Certified BrainPOP Educator program was developed by their team of teachers, to provide a hands-on learning experience with BrainPOP content. Here is a link to more information about the CBE Program: https://educators.brainpop.com/certified-brainpop-educator-program/
5. Other Items:
· Churchville Chili Middle School is looking for a missing InterLibrary Loan book…please keep an eye out for Wonder
· Capstone is offering a sale to school libraries in our region on eBooks. Please see attached flyer for additional information
· RBERN is hosting an event open to anyone who would like to learn about obtaining an initial or additional teaching certification, bilingual extension or teacher assistant certificate, and is geared towards anyone who is interested in a career teaching languages: high school students, college students, bilingual adults, current teachers, etc.
i. To register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/languages-in-education-career-exploration-fair-tickets-38634642255. Please contact Shawnna Sweet with any questions.
ii. Attached is additional information
· St. John Fisher College is now accepting applications for their next Online M.S. in School Librarianship which is slated to begin in Spring 2018.
i. Informational session is being held on Thursday, November 9. To learn more about this program, you can register online.
ii. Complete program information, including admission requirements and application instructions, is available online at: MS in Library Media to apply for free please use the fee waiver code of: grad.
iii. If you have any questions please contact Belinda O’Brien at email@example.com
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|