PRESENTER: Tom Gallagher, Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) and Certified Orientation and Mobility Instructor (COMS)
Who should attend?
• Teachers seeking their first or subsequent Master’s degree either online or in a local satellite program for little or no cost
• Learners excited about adding new knowledge to their teaching repertoire
• Educators excited about influencing the growth in a BOCES program
What you will take away:
• Job duties of Teachers of the Blind or Visually Impaired and Mobility Instructors
• Overview of local and other programs providing this degree
Why Become a TVI
• Currently, the field of blindness is experiencing a great shortage of teachers, approximately 5,000 nationwide. If you haven’t yet considered a career as a TVI, we urge you to do so.
• Starting salaries for TVIs are competitive. These jobs come with great benefits, job security, and the opportunity to help improve the lives of our blind or visually impaired children.