Is Online Learning Right for You?
An online class is an excellent option for students who:
- are comfortable with computer technology;
- want the flexibility of being able to participate in a particular class on days and at times and places that are convenient for them;
- are proficient at expressing themselves in writing and at gathering course information through reading;
- don't require face-to-face social interaction with instructors or classmates;
- are independent and self-motivated;
- often plan to complete tasks ahead of time;
- are able to figure out directions and concepts on their own;
- realize that they will not immediately receive comments on their work or answers to their questions.
Online students balance the freedom to participate throughout the week with the reality that the class will require more of their time than a face-to-face class, because they read and write their in-class communication.
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.