Monroe County, The City of Rochester, Foodlink, school districts and other organizations have teamed up to distribute food to people in need in the wake of closings due to the coronavirus pandemic.
City residents needing information about food distribution and other resources may call 2-1-1, which is staffed 24 hours a day. Because the phone lines are being overwhelmed, residents are encouraged to use the website 211lifeline.org.
Please note: The information provided can change at any given time. To guarantee the most accurate and up-to-date information, please visit the websites provided below each resource.
Here's the latest information on how to obtain food services.
Foodlink has scaled up its food banking operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in order to meet the rising need in our communities.
The Monroe County sites listed at the below website all require pre-registration through 2-1-1 (TEXT 898-211). No walk-ins or non-registered individuals will be served.
City R-Centers are open from 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Thursday; 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., Good Friday:
• Adams Street, 85 Adams St.
• Avenue D, 200 Ave. D
• Carter Street, 500 Carter St.
• Tyshaun Cauldwell, 524 Campbell St.
• Frederick Douglass, 990 South Ave.
• Flint Street, 271 Flint St.
• David Gantt, 700 North St.
• Trenton & Pamela Jackson (Clinton-Baden), 485 N. Clinton Ave.
• Thomas Ryan, 530 Webster Ave.
These city schools pass out grab-and-go breakfast and lunch between 8 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.:
• East Upper & Lower School, 1801 E. Main St.
• Dr. Freddie Thomas Campus, 625 Scio St.
• Thomas Jefferson High School, 1 Edgerton Park;
• James Monroe High School, 164 Alexander St.;
• John Williams School No. 5, 555 Plymouth Ave.;
• Wilson Foundation Academy, 200 Genesee St..
• School #42, 3330 Lake Ave.
The Maplewood Family YMCA
The Maplewood Family YMCA, 25 Driving Park, has partnered with Foodlink for “grab-and-go” meals for the people in need from the general public. This food program is for children only; however, family members are able to go and get the amount of food they need for the household without children present. It runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Bring your own bags.
Community Place of Greater Rochester
The Community Place of Greater Rochester has an emergency food pantry, and take-home meals are being prepared for seniors. For safety reasons, call (585) 288-0021 before visiting. It is at 145 Parsells Ave. and is open 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Charles Settlement House
The Charles Settlement House provides emergency food services. For safety reasons, call (585) 277-0810 before visiting. It is at 71 Parkway and is open 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
M.K. Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence
The M.K. Gandhi Institute for Nonviolence has created a small community pantry at its location at 929 S. Plymouth Ave. The pantry is located on the Gandhi House's front porch. It is asking that Plymouth-Exchange neighborhood residents take what they need, save enough for others and share what they have. It focuses on unopened canned goods, sealed paper products and unopened household supplies. People taking items from the pantry are advised to disinfect them before bringing them into their homes.
Brighton School District
The Brighton School District is participating in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s School Closure Meal Program, which provides free meals to students during school closure.
Breakfast and lunch are offered at the same time, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Brighton High School,1150 Winton Road, Brighton. Go to door 23.
If your family is unable to pick up meals or access the site by walking, please call 242-5200.
Parents, guardians, and senior citizens can also purchase meals for $2 for breakfast or $4 for lunch.
Brighton Food Cupboard
The Brighton Food Cupboard serves individuals in need in the Brighton community. Those who need food should call the BFC at 585-271-5355. Community volunteers fill the order, which is then delivered to the client’s home.
Brockport Central School District
The Brockport Central School District's free student meal program is offering two free grab-and-go meals for students aged 18 and under. Meal pick-ups are weekdays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the following locations:
• Brockport High School: Meals will be served from the high school west entrance/student parking area near the cafeteria. We ask you to stay in your car and enter from Commencement Drive, proceed into the HS student parking area and pick-up meals at the curbside of the cafeteria.
• Seldon Squares Apartments, 99 Sunset Center Lane at West Avenue, Brockport, NY
• Clarkson Hamlin Town Line Road Plaza, Clarkson Hamlin Town Line Road just west of Huntington Parkway, Hamlin, NY
• Harper Park, 4000 Brick Schoolhouse Road at Chestnut Drive, Hamlin, NY
• Hidden Creek, 1 Sandy Brook Drive at Drake Road, Hamlin, NY
• Clarkson Town Park, 3655 Lake Road, Clarkson, NY
Churchville-Chili Central School Disitrct
The Churchville-Chili Central School District is participating in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s School Closure Meal Program. Children must be 18 or younger to receive a meal. Pickup locations are open from 11 a.m. through 12:30 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
• The Chestnut Ridge School main foyer,
• Churchville Elementary School back door, #6, and
• Middle School North Building Door 24.
East Rochester Central School District
The East Rochester School District is participating in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s School Closure Meal Program. All kids in the community, 18 years and younger, can participate; you need not be an East Rochester resident.
Both breakfast and lunch can be picked up between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., Monday through Friday. The breakfast is for the following morning. Pickup is in the bus loop of the junior and senior high school, 200 Woodbine Ave., East Rochester.
The meals are free. There is no income requirements or registration. Adults over the age of 18 can purchase a breakfast for $2 and lunch for $4. Please bring a reusable bag with you for meal pick up.
East Rochester Community Resource Center
The East Rochester Community Resource Center at 33 East Chestnut Street is temporarily expanding its hours; the new hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. It distributes food, clothing and household items on an emergency basis. People must show proof of residence and ID. Food is limited to three bags per family, every two months. Call ahead at 585-586-0525.
Fairport Central School District
The Fairport Central School District provides free meals to students in need from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. weekdays at the following locations:
• Pines of Perinton (Learning Links);
• Fairport Police Department (rear parking lot);
• Jefferson Avenue bus loop;
• Fairport High School bus loop
The following locations will be open from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. on weekdays:
• Alpine Knoll (office);
• Knollwood Apartments (office);
Lunch for the current day and breakfast for the following day will be available for free to all children ages 3 through 18. Look for a Fairport school bus or a district representative at each location.
Perinton Food Shelf
The Perinton Food Shelf can help if you are in need of emergency food supplies and live in the 14450 zip code - just dial 585-425-7410. A volunteer will call you back within 24 hours during weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. The volunteer will ask several general questions concerning your family size, your income and, of course, your name and home address. If you qualify for emergency food supplies, a week’s supply of food for your household size will be delivered to your home by a food shelf volunteer(s).
Gates Chili Central School District
Gates Chili will provide free meals for any child under the age of 18. There are no income requirements and you do not need to be a Gates Chili resident to pick up meals.
The to-go meals are being served at:
• Gates Chili Middle School, 2 Spartan Way, Gates;
• Paul Road Elementary School, 571 Paul Road; and
• Walt Disney Elementary School, 571 Paul Road.
Lunches are served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays, and breakfasts for the next day are included with the lunches.
Please call 247-7213 if you have specific questions about meals, of if your child has a food allergy.
The Gates Chili Spartan Eats bus will be also delivering meals to neighborhoods in the community. Schedule below is subject to change.
Call 247-7213 with any questions.
Schedule beginning Monday, March 30:
11 a.m.: Northampton Park Apartments
11:15 a.m.: Poplar Gardens Apartments
11:30 a.m.: Williams Tribute (Formerly LeChase Manor)
12 p.m.: Lions Park
Greece Central School District
The Greece Central School District provides free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch to children ages 5 to 18 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Pick up meals outside, by the cafeteria entrance, at the following locations:
• Autumn Lane Elementary School, 2089 Maiden Lane in Greece;
• Lakeshore Elementary School, 1200 Latta Road in Greece;
• Longridge Elementary School, 190 Longridge Avenue;
• West Ridge Elementary School, 1010 English Road in Greece;
• Odyssey Academy, 750 Maiden Lane in Greece.
Greece Ecumenical Food Shelf, Inc.
The Greece Ecumenical Food Shelf, Inc. provides emergency food assistance at no charge to residents living in Greece and Charlotte. To obtain food, call the pager at 585-683-9674 24 hours a day. Calls are returned 9 a.m. to 3 p.m Monday thru Friday, except holidays.
Hilton Central School District
Hilton Central School District is providing free cold, grab-and-go breakfast and lunch to all children ages 18 and under. Each child will receive up to two meals per day. The child must be present in order for meals to be provided. If driving, stay in your car and meals will be given to you based on the number of children in your car. You should use the distribution location that is closest to your home.
Meals are provided at these locations:
• 9:15-9:45 a.m.: Hilton Village II Apartments at the Welcome Center. Please look for the Hilton CSD red van.
• 10-10:30 a.m.: Cedar Terrace Townhomes at the Corner of Cedar Terrace and Bernie Whelan Drive. Please look for the Hilton CSD red van.
• 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Hilton High School (Door #16) around the back by the loading docks. Please look for traffic cones and signs.
• 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Northwood Elementary School parent drop off loop in the front of the building. Please look for signs.
• 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m.: Walker Bible Baptist Church, 1425 Walker Lake Ontario Road. Please look for the Hilton school bus.
Additional distribution locations may be added. Please look for updates and information at Hilton.k12.ny.us or call 585-392-1000, ext. 2152 or 2151.
Honeoye Falls-Lima Central Schools District
The Honeoye Falls-Lima School Food Service Program is participating in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s School Closure Meal Program. There are no income requirements or registration to participate.
Grab-and-go breakfast and lunch pickup is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at:
• Honeoye Falls-Lima High School, Church Street Bus Loop Door #22 and
• Lima Primary School at the front door.
Families who are unable to pick up meals should call transportation at (585) 624-7045.
Holley Central School District
The Holley Central School District is providing free “grab and go” meals to all children ages 18 and under. Order student emergency meals online at http://www.holleycsd.org/
. Breakfast and lunch will be available for pickup from five locations from 8 to 10 a.m., Monday through Friday, at the following locations:
• Holley Elementary School (back bus loop)
• Clarendon Town Hall Building
• Thomas Estates (bus stop loop)
• County Line Trailer Park (Gulf Road & County Line Road)
• Fancher Hulberton Murray Fire Hall
Look for the Holley school bus at each pick-up site. Staff will be there to assist.
If you have any questions or concerns about getting access to food, please contact your child’s school or our food service office at 638-6318, ext. 2566.
East Irondequoit Central School District
All six schools in the East Irondequoit School District are distributing grab-and-go lunches from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lunches include breakfast for the next day. You do not have to be an East Irondequoit resident in order to receive the meals. Adult meals are available for $2 at breakfast and $4 at lunch. Students do not need to be present in order to receive their meals.
• East Ridge High School, 2350 East Ridge Rd.
• Laurelton-Pardee Intermediate School, 600 Pardee Rd.
• Durand-Eastman Intermediate School, 95 Point Pleasant Rd.
• Helendale Road Primary School, 220 Helendale Rd.
• Ivan Green Primary School, 800 Brown Rd.
• Corner of Baker Rd. & Leicestershire Rd. – look for an EI school bus.
West Irondequoit Central School District
The West Irondequoit School District is offering free grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches from 1 a.m. to 1 p.m. One meal is distributed to each child 18 and under. The food is geared toward any child in need, regardless of family income; no proof of enrollment is necessary.
Distribution locations are:
• Iroquois Middle School, 150 Colebrook Dr.
• Seneca School, 4143 St Paul Blvd.
• Briarwood School, 215 Briarwood Dr.
• Dake Jr. High, 350 Cooper Road (front bus loop)
• Brookview, 300 Brookview Dr.
• Rogers, 219 Northfield Road
Irondequoit Community Cupboard, Inc.
The Irondequoit Community Cupboard, Inc. is designed to meet the needs for families and individuals in the town of Irondequoit. Distribution hours are by appointment only on Tuesday and Saturday from 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Call 585-336-9107. When you arrive at ICC at your scheduled food pickup time, please drive past our building, turn around and pull up along the edge of ICC. We will bring your items to your car, instead of you coming inside the building.
If you are an at risk Irondequoit resident, ICC will bring you emergency food. Contact Debbie at [email protected]
Kendall Central School District
At the Kendall Central School District, there are no more food pick-ups scheduled. Instead, meals will be delivered between 10 and noon, please watch for them at your doorstep. Meals for Monday and Tuesday will be delivered on Monday. Meals for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be delivered on Wednesday. Delivery will be to all homes for those that have received meals to date. Call Cindy Wolck at 585-659-8317 to be added to the delivery list.
Kendall Community Food Cupboard
The Kendall Community Food Cupboard is offering food to residents by appointment only, 7 days a week at 1814 Kendall Rd. Call ahead at 585-281-4295.
Eastern Orleans Community Center
The Eastern Orleans Community Center will be providing take-out lunch meals (Monday – Friday at 11:30am and emergency food bundles (9am-Noon) at 75 Public Square, Holley, 14470. Phone: (585) 638-6395.
Penfield Central School District
The Penfield Central School District will be providing pre-packaged meals to families with children under 18 who need them, from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday. Drive-thru pick up will be at the loading dock at Penfield High School (behind the school - follow the signs). Please stay in your vehicle; food service employees will hand you the meals when you drive up. If you need meals and cannot make it to the high school, please contact the food service office at 249-6483.
Penfield Ecumenical Food Shelf
The Penfield Ecumenical Food Shelf has made temporary changes. It distributes weekly food in a drive-up grab-and-go system. Clients scheduled to get staples can still select their food by appointment, without overlap with other clients. Call (585) 234-0799 with questions.
Pittsford Central School District
The Pittsford Food Cupboard serves people from the zip codes 14534, 14445, 14610, 14618, 14607, 14620, 14506 and 14472. People may receive food once every two weeks. Proof of address and identification are required; check http://www.pittsfordfoodcupboard.net/
It is open from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday and Friday, as well as from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. the first and third Saturday of each month. There is a new “drive thru” system. When you arrive, walk up to the front window with your ID and proof of residence. Your order will be taken and shopped for, then brought out to your vehicle for you.
It is in suite 26 of the Pittsford Business Park at 3800 Monroe Avenue in Pittsford. Call (585) 264-9860 for more information.
Rush-Henrietta Central School District
At the Rush-Henrietta Central School District, grab-and-go breakfast and lunch meals are available for any child age 18 and younger. Each location will be open for breakfast and lunch from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The walk-up meal distribution sites are:
• Henrietta Senior Center, 515 Calkins Road, Henrietta (parking lot)
• Riverton Knolls, 312 Countess Drive, Henrietta (in front of leasing office)
• Stonewood Village Apartments, 200 Myrtlewood Drive, Henrietta (parking lot)
• Rush-Henrietta Senior High School, 1799 Lehigh Station Road, Henrietta; this site offers drive-through service in the west parking lot.
• Crane Elementary School, 85 Shell Edge Dr., Henrietta (parking lot)
Children with school-documented food allergies should call (585) 359-5388 by 7 a.m. on the first day your would like meals.
No paperwork or proof of enrollment is required. Children do not need to be present to receive a meal. Take one meal for each child in your family.
Spencerport Central School District
The Spencerport Central School District School Nutrition Program is participating in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s School Closure Meal Program, which provides free meals to children 18 and under during school closure. The following locations are open from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for breakfast and lunch distribution:
• Munn Elementary, 2333 Manitou Rd., Door 3, South Side of the building
• Taylor Elementary, 399 Ogden Parma Town Line Rd., Door 21, in front of the school
• Cosgrove Middle School, 2749 Spencerport Rd., Door 17, bus loop behind the school
Call the Food Service Dept. at 349-5190 if you have questions.
Spencerport CSD is also providing a #SpencerportTogether Dinner Meal Subsidy Plan. Please visit this page
for menus and costs for each week. drivers must enter the district campus from the west entrances by Bernabi or District Office, then head east on Ranger Road until you reach the high school. At the stop sign, turn left toward Lyell Avenue. The pick-up location will be at the back entrance of the HS west cafeteria before reaching the Performing Art Center. Signs will be displayed to direct vehicles. Participants must remain in the vehicle, and meals will be handed through the passenger side window.
Webster Central School District
The Webster Central School District is serving drive-through meals from 8 to 10 a.m. weekdays. Families should go to the back gym entrance at Webster Schroeder High School, 875 Ridge Road, Webster. Families will receive breakfast and lunch at the same time. The meals are for any student living in the Webster Central School District. Students do not need to be present in the car to receive meals. Families will stay in their cars and staff will hand you meals.
The HOPE Ministry, located at 1450 Ridge Road, Webster. has expanded its hours for emergency food distribution to:
• 4 to 7 p.m. Monday
• 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday
• 2 to 5 p.m. Wednesday
It is open to low-income residents of Webster. New recipients must show proof of Webster address, such as a lease or official mail, for every member of the household. It is no longer offering or accepting donations of clothing or other items.
Little Food Pantries
Little Food Pantries are also located at:
• St. Martin Church, 813 Bay Road
• Immanuel Lutheran Church, 131 W. Main Street
• Webster Baptist Church, 59 South Avenue
• ECC, Klem Road
• Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Plank Road
Wheatland-Chili Central School District
The Wheatland-Chili School District is distributing meals from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday at various locations, free for children ages 18 and under. There will be a choice of breakfasts and lunches. You'll receive enough complete meals until the next distribution of breakfast and lunch. You are able to pick up your meals at the Middle/High School, 13 Beckwith Avenue, Scottsville, in the back of the school near the soccer stadium, Monday - Wednesday - Friday, between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Follow the coned areas when you arrive.
The food distribution has been adjusted to include deliveries (Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week) as follows:
• Robert Quigley Drive (at the Club House) at 11:00 a.m.
• Ballantyne Road in the Park near ARC of Monroe at 11:30 a.m.
• Nathaniel Drive at the rear of the drive at 12:00 p.m.
• Bowerman Road Apartments at 12:30 p.m.
The district is requesting that all parents complete a survey
so that it is prepared for the approximate number of breakfasts and lunches that will be needed. Please let the district know if you are in dire need of a food delivery to your home by calling 585.889.6247. Arrangements will be made for this support.