WEMOCO is moving to four days of in-person instruction beginning Monday, March 1 for CTE, New Visions and TASC programs
We believe that providing more in-person instruction is what is best for our students and we are confident that we can do this in a way that keeps everyone safe.
In-person instruction will take place on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
AM session will be 7:50-10:15 (arrival begins at 7:40)
PM session will be 12:00-2:25 (arrival begins at 11:45)
Remote learning expectations for attendance and instruction on Wednesdays are as follows:
- Attendance: Check-in with teacher by responding to Remind message during their assigned session to be marked as present
- Assignments: Complete instruction by the assigned due date as directed by the teacher
Students will continue to be expected to bring their assigned District Owned Device (laptop, Chromebook, etc.), sufficiently charged, to WEMOCO every day of in-person instruction.
Individual school districts are responsible for transporting students to and from WEMOCO.
The schedule change does not change safety expectations.
- Everyone in the department (staff and students) is expected to always wear a mask except for during scheduled mask breaks
- Having had COVID or the vaccination does not exempt you from this expectation.
- Six feet of social distancing must be observed whenever possible
- Students must wash/sanitize their hands upon entry to room/lab
- The sharing of tools, items, and resources in the room/lab will be minimized
- Shared items will be disinfected between use
- Movement throughout the building will continue to be minimized
- Recommendations from the Monroe County Department of Health will continue to be followed
As has been the practice all year, teachers and students clean and disinfect as aligned to their industry.
Disinfection of high touch points in hallways and public areas and electrostatic disinfect spraying of theory spaces and bathrooms as appropriate will be completed by our Operations and Maintenance Department between the AM and PM sessions.
Department-wide cleaning and disinfecting will take place on Wednesdays when students are not in session.
If you have any questions, please call the school at 585-352-2471.