We offer grant-related services to school districts all over Western New York:
- Grants Database
- Grant writing & editing
- Consolidated Application and Related Services
- NYSED Audits
NOTE: The fees for all of our services are aidable.
The Grants Office receives continuing updates on new grant opportunities and revisions to existing grants. We share this with you through our Grants Database. The database includes a page for each funder, with summaries, deadlines, and links to the funder’s website. The database is revised and new grants are added periodically. And at the bottom of this page are links to New York State and U.S. Department of Education funding opportunities.
Or, if you prefer, we can do the research ourselves to find funders for your project. Signing up for the fee-based grant writing service entitles you to three free hours of research for EACH separate project that you’re looking to fund. For information on signing up for the grant writing service contact Laurie Streb in the Grants Office for details at (585) 352-2773.
Grant writing and editing
you find a grant you’re interested in, you may apply for it on your
own, or you can enlist the help of our experienced and successful grant
writing team. We’ll not only write the grant proposal for you, we can
even help you design a project or program that will maximize your
chances of obtaining funding. When you contact us, we’ll assign one of
our highly experienced grant writers to your project, and these writers
- Meet with your staff to obtain a thorough understanding of your project and identify prospective funding sources
- Write a draft proposal and meet with key personnel to review it
the budget and all related forms, obtain the appropriate signatures,
make the necessary copies, and put the proposal in the mail (or submit
- Follow up with the funding authorities and supply them with additional information as needed
grant writer will prepare a quote on the cost of the work before she/he
begins, for your approval in advance. If your district has limited
funds, we can simply review and edit a proposal that you or your staff
have already written.
of our most popular fee-based services is preparation and submission of
the annual Consolidated Application, which involves:
- Meeting with your staff and gathering the information necessary to complete the online application and write the FS10 budgets
- Filling out all the required forms (FS10’s, Comparability Report, Affirmation of Consultation Form, etc.)
- Contacting all of the Nonpublic Schools where your residents are enrolled
- Working with your district’s Nonpublic Schools to plan their use of the Title funds
- Copying and mailing the FS10s
up with NYSED as needed, to answer their questions and provide
additional information, as long as it takes for your application to be
- For more information on this service, contact Laurie Streb.
We can also prepare your C.R. Part 154, and/or your IDEA grant application, and/or work with your Nonpublic Schools to obtain Title I funds for their eligible students, for additional fees.
the summer of 2006, under orders from the US Department of Education’s
NCLB staff, NYSED began a series of audits of NYS school districts.
NYSED told us that 100 school districts across the state will be
selected for a Title I Desk Audit every year. We have a great deal of
experience with these desk audits, and we’ll be pleased to help you
prepare and submit yours to the NYSED auditors. We can also assist
with any follow-up site audits. Contact Laurie Streb (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
3599 Big Ridge Road
Spencerport, NY 14559