The CTE Counseling Center at WEMOCO offers students a variety of services including course selection, exploration of career choices and support for personal issues. These services are provided in an informal and confidential setting. Students can schedule appointments, and counselors are also available on short notice. Teachers can call during class time for any student that needs to see a counselor.
Please contact either of the WEMOCO school counselors for general questions. For questions pertaining to specific CTE programs, please refer to the program list below their names.
- Auto Body and Collision Repair Technology
- Computer Technology
- Digital and Visual Communication
- Engineering and Metal Fabrication- Machining
- Engineering and Metal Fabrication- Welding
- GED Preparation
- New Visions Health Professions
- Residential and Commercial Electrical
- Building Trades
- Child and Family Development
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Exercise Science
- Food Services
- Introduction to Construction Trades
- Medical Laboratory Assisting and Phlebotomy
- Personal Services
- Automotive Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Heavy Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Nurse Assisting and Associated Health Careers
- Outdoor Powersports Technology
WEMOCO counselors can assist students with program options and course selection. The counseling team works with students to help them make choices that will positively impact their future. Selecting an elective can be a difficult decision at times; counselors can assist student in the decision-making process to include providing information about each class, prospective employment, and secondary educational options. Knowing and understanding the different skill sets and outcomes incorporated in the class selected helps in making an informed decision.
Counselors help students sort through issues that impact learning and performance in the classroom. They serve as an important link between classroom teachers and students in order to maximize student success. Counselors facilitate parent-teacher conferences as needed.
Counselors are available for students who may need extra support in order to clarify and deal with personal issues that impact their learning, such as:
- “I’m not sure what I want to do after high school.”
- “What choices do I have for further education or training?”
- “I have a personal problem that is upsetting me.”
- “I’d like to change my WEMOCO course.”
To sign up for a class, students must contact their home school counselor.