Please note that the information provided below and on subsequent pages is not an endorsement for students to choose the High School Equivalency. Students are strongly encouraged to discuss this option with their family and school district, should they be interested.
The NYSED High School Equivalency Preparation Program is approved for students 16-21 years of age. Enrolled students will be prepared for the General Educational Development (GED) tests.
- Students must be referred by a component district of BOCES 2.
- An academic screening test and intake meeting are required prior to entry. The test and intake meeting are conducted at BOCES 2 Career and Technical Education (CTE) Center by the school counselor.
- The program is open to students with disabilities.
- The program operates on the CTE campus in Spencerport during the afternoon session.
- Students may have the option to enroll in a Career and Technical Education class in the morning.