CWD Has Offered This NY State License-Qualifying Program for Over 20 Years. Dental Assistants are in high demand with earning potentials between 39K and 45K, according to O*Net. Our schedule gives you the opportunity for flexibility as you balance life and career. You will be hands-on in a dental office in 20-weeks.
- Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalency, Medical Clearance Form, with proof of current physical and immunizations, and successful completion of TABE entrance assessment
- Note: In order to comply with NYSDOH vaccine mandates for healthcare institutions, students enrolled in this program may be required to show an original COVID Vaccination card indicating either administration of 1-shot (Jenssen) or 2-shot (Moderna and Pfizer) vaccine. Copies of vaccine card will not be accepted.
- Tuition for 2022-23 school year: $10,500, device/textbook/PPE/lab coat included
- Program Length: 902 hours (9 months)
- Schedule: Monday – Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; plus one additional day of remote learning each week.
- Program Dates:
- 9/26/22 - 5/5/23
- Orientation: September 19th, 9:00 a.m. @ WEMOCO (3589 Big Ridge Rd, Spencerport NY 14559)
- Location: BOCES 2 Career & Technical Education Center (WEMOCO) 3589 Big Ridge Road, Spencerport, NY 14559
- Dress Code: Lab jacket (included in tuition) and scrubs (student must provide their own); white sneakers or nursing shoes (no holes, student must provide their own.
- Supplies: (student must provide): large 3" 3-ring binder w/ dividers, colored pencils, pens, pencils, highlighters
Note: during clinical experiences, students are responsible for their own transportation and parking fees.
240 flexible hours of hands-on experience begins after 20-weeks. Location: We have opportunities in private dental practices, group practices and community dental. We strive to provide convenient placement. NOTE: Students are responsible for their own transportation and parking fees.
What you will learn with us:
- Dental terminology
- Infection control
- Dental anatomy
- Oral hygiene
- Operative procedures
- Resume and interview writing
- Employment skills
- Licensure Requirements
- Graduates may apply for licensure after completing all of the requirements; there is an additional fee for the examination and licensure process to become a NYS Registered Dental Assistant (RDA).
Required Examinations for Licensure :
- New York State Professional Dental Assisting (NYPDA) exam
- Radiation Health and Safety (HRS) exam
- Infection Control Exam (ICE)