This part-time HVAC/R program prepares you for a career in the climate control industry in only 18 weeks. Using the "learn while you earn" model, our evening class allows you to work while you're taking classes. In this class, you will gain the fundamental skills of installing and maintaining heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration systems. This program is designed for anyone interested in learning more about climate control systems, those considering a career change, or those currently working in an entry-level position in the HVAC/R industry.
- 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of TABE entrance assessment
- HS diploma recommended, not required (Note: employers may require a high school diploma)
9/19/2023 – 1/30/2024 FULL
- Spring: 2/13/2024 - 6/20/2024
Class Schedule: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Program length: 118 hours (including 10 hours of online coursework)
Location: BOCES 2 Career & Technical Education Center (WEMOCO)
3589 Big Ridge Road, Spencerport, NY 14559
Complete a contact card to connect with an advisor, learn more about the program, and start the application process.
Employment Outlook: HVAC Mechanic and Installer, Property Management Technician, or Residential, Municipal, Commercial Maintenance Technician
- For more information on HVAC as a career, click here.
Student Support and Academic Services
- Access to student support advisors, who can provide career advisement and referral services
- Access to academic, employability, and interviewing support
- Access to employer networks