General Information & How to Contact CWD

The Center for Workforce Development at Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES provides a variety of industry-aligned educational solutions to prepare you for the 21st century workforce. If you are not sure where to begin give us a call at 585-349-9100. We will connect you with the right person to help you. You can also email us your questions at: [email protected]. We love what we do and we look forward to working with you.


  • WEMOCO CTE Center @ 3589 Big Ridge Road, Spencerport, NY 14459.  
    • Enrolled students:
      All enrolled students taking classes at our WEMOCO Campus should park on the west side of the Main Building (side closer to Union Street) toward the back by the security gate and enter through the pedestrian gate next to the guard station.
    • Visitors:
      All visitors, including those attending an entrance assessment or orientation, should enter through the side door under the red awning. The Admissions Office door is located inside the vestibule.
Offices at WEMOCO

Career & Technical (CT) Programs

Our career and technical programs offer a convenient and affordable way to prepare for new job opportunities in less than a year. CWD has programs in Health Careers, Construction and Manufacturing, and Transportation. Learn more here.

  • How do I enroll in a CT program? If you have decided which program you are interested in, the first step is to create an account on our website and schedule an Entrance Assessment Session. Entrance Assessments are conducted weekly. Plan on being with us for about 4 hours. We will review all the details of the programs, complete enrollment paperwork, discuss the specific requirements for each program and complete your entrance assessment.

  • What is the Entrance Assessment? Enrollment in Career Training programs requires successful completion of a basic entrance assessment called the TABE: Test of Adult Basic Education. The TABE provides an assessment of the applicant’s basic math and reading skills, which are used to determine if the applicant has the skills necessary to be successful in the CT program. 

  • Is there tuition assistance available? Tuition Assistance may be available for eligible students, depending on their program of interest. Students may be eligible to receive funding through a variety of organizations including: RochesterWorks!, Finger Lakes Works!, GLOW WDB, ACCES-VR, Pathstone, and more. We also have local scholarships available for many programs. See individual program pages to learn more. 

  • May I make a payment plan for the tuition? Tuition for CT programs must be paid in full prior to the first day of class in order to secure your spot in the class. 

  • How do I make a payment for a CT program? Payment for CT programs must be received to complete your enrollment. Payment by check may be made by mail.  Cash, check or credit card payments will be accepted via the CWD portal or in-person at our admissions office, between 8:30 am and 4pm.

  • If I have to withdraw from a CT program can I get a refund? We encourage students to learn as much as possible about each program before enrolling, including attending an open house, speaking to a student advisor, reading the course information carefully, and even shadowing a class if possible. If a student wishes to withdraw from a class, they should consult our refund and withdraw policy in the handbook, available here

  • Where are the CT program classes held? CT programs are held at WEMOCO CTE Center at 3589 Big Ridge Road in Spencerport. 


  • What kind of English Language programs do you offer?
    • ESOL  - English for Speakers of Other Languages
    • Integrated Career & Technical - Get English language support while you work towards a new career.

  • When are ESOL classes?

  • Do you offer online classes? Students have the option of enrolling in an at-home learning program and receiving optional instructional support via videoconferencing.  Please see our main page for more information.

  • How much does it cost to enroll in your programs? All of our literacy programs are no cost to students.

  • How do I get started? To enroll in an ESOL program, schedule an ESOL Literacy Orientation with us. Please see our main page for information on how to get started. 
  • For more information, go here.

High School Equivalency

  • Do you offer online classes? Students have the option of enrolling in a packet based at-home learning program (SMART, GRASP, or Fast Track Math) and attending optional in-person instructional sessions. Please call 585-349-9100 for more information.
  • How much does it cost to enroll in your programs? All of our literacy programs are no cost to our students!
  • How long does it take to earn your HSE diploma? Our curriculum covers all the essential skills and content in 6 months. It is different for everyone, and depends on a variety of factors. As with any educational program, the more a student attends classes and works hard, the more successful they are.
  • Where are classes held? Most of our classes are held at the WEMOCO CTE Center at 3589 Big Ridge Road, Spencerport NY 14559

For more information, go to here.

HSE Testing (GED)

Important Announcement!
  • The TASC will no longer be available anywhere in New York starting January 1, 2022.
  • Starting January 1, the GED® will be the High School Equivalency test. 
  • The testing schedule for 2022 has not yet been determined, as we’re waiting on guidance from the NY State Education Department.
  • We will post updates here as they become available. Please check back for more information.
  • How do I sign up to take the GED? To schedule a test, create an account on ged.com

  • Am I eligible to take the GED? New York residents must be at least 19 years of age to take a GED test. If you are 16, 17, or 18 you must get approval to test. Please complete the HSE Age Eligibility form with help from the institution official, who needs to verify the information, and mail the completed form to the NYSED office for approval. The approval process may take up to one week, after the form is received. Please allow two full weeks for the mail to reach NYSED HSE Office. Once approved, you will be able to schedule your GED test from this account.

  • How can I find out my scores on the GED? Scores and other information regarding your test can be found by logging in to ged.com

  • What if I’m not ready to take the test? Can you help me prepare? Yes! CWD offers FREE HSE preparation classes and home-learning options for adults 21 and over. Find out more information on our HSE literacy page

  • Can I have help filling out my GED application? Of course! Call us today for assistance: 585-349-9100

  • I have an IEP or 504 and testing accommodations. Do these apply for taking GED? They might. Test-takers can apply for testing accommodations directly through their GED.com account. Accommodations previously approved through the TASC do not transfer.

  • I’m nervous about taking a computer-based test (CBT). Can I practice first? Yes! Opportunity for practice is available through your GED.com account.

  • What is the difference between HSE, GED, and TASC? HSE stands for High School Equivalency diploma - it's the diploma you work towards if you didn't graduate high school. Both the GED and TASC are EXAMS that provide evidence needed to earn a NYS HSE diploma. 
    1. The GED was used by New York State to assess performance for HSE credit from 2003 – 2013. 
    2. Beginning in 2014, TASC – Test Assessing Secondary Completion™ had been used 
    3. Starting in January 2022, NYS went back to the GED. 
An applicant who passed some GED or TASC tests can use those credits towards their HSE diploma, even if they are from out of state. You can request your HSE transcript to verify your previous GED and TASC scores. To request your transcript, fill out the Attachment H and mail it to the address at the top of the form, along with a money order for $4. 

  • I’ve passed Regents exams. Do those count toward my HSE diploma? Yes, the NYS Board of Regents approved regulatory changes to provide an additional pathway to earn a New York State High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma by allowing individuals to use passing scores on certain Regents exams in place of the corresponding subtests. You will need to complete Application R. Here’s more info about the approved regulation: http://www.acces.nysed.gov/hse/fourth-pathway-hse-diploma

  • Is help available to prepare me for the math sub-test? Yes! CWD offers a Distance Learning program and a stand alone workshop. Click here to learn more about both options.
    Contact CWD at 585-349-9100 for more information.

  • How can I check the status of my diploma or get a copy of my transcript? Contact the New York State Education Department HSE Office: http://www.acces.nysed.gov/hse/contact-us

  • Where can I get a copy of my diploma or transcript? Contact the New York State Education Department HSE Office: http://www.acces.nysed.gov/hse/duplicate-diplomas-andor-transcripts