Phlebotomy, one of the fastest growing career fields, is an ideal occupation for anyone interested in working in the healthcare industry. A phlebotomist is responsible for drawing blood samples as well as preparing and properly storing them for transportation to a diagnostic lab.
The next session runs from May 31, 2022 - September 1, 2022
Register for an Entrance Assessment today to begin the enrollment process before the class fills up!
- Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalency, and successful completion of TABE entrance assessment
- Tuition: $2,500 includes books and supplies
- Class schedule: Tue, Wed, Thursday 5:30 – 8:30 pm.
- Program length: 124 hours (14 weeks)
- Class Location: 3555 Buffalo Road, Westview Commons Business Park, Rochester, NY 14624
What you learn with us
- The role of the phlebotomist
- Patient identification
- Collection and preparation of blood and body fluid specimens
- Maintenance of records and collection areas
- Anatomically correct arms, prosthetics and human blood draws will be used in this program.
*Health Careers Grant funding for eligible students
When you are ready to apply, registration for Career Job Training Programs requires successful completion of the entrance assessment, and satisfactory arrangement of payment of tuition. An automated email confirming registration will be sent to your email. The entire admission process must be completed before enrollment is confirmed.
- Attend an entrance assessment session. ($25 one-time non-refundable registration fee is waved with NYS Benefit Card). Click here to schedule your CWD Entrance Assessment Registration
- Submit program-specific requirements via email, fax, or hand delivery: high school diploma or equivalency
- Secure funding. You may choose to meet with an admissions advisor or financial aid specialist to discuss funding options.