The Educators' EAP is a great resource and is available 24/7 at 800-252-4555. Clinicians answer your calls, providing immediate, “in the moment” care. It is FREE and CONFIDENTIAL.
Here are some tips and resources from the Educators’ EAP related to the importance of self-care:
1. Self-care is not “selfish care”! Planning time for healthy outlets should be a priority which come first rather than after everything else is done.
2. Make changes to achieve balance and schedule “YOU TIME” 20-30 minutes each day.
3. Learn to say NO and YES! Say NO so that you don’t make so many commitments you have less time for yourself. Say YES to things you really enjoy.
4. Take time each day to express gratitude for the good in your life.
5. Build a support network of positive people in your life.
6. Turn off technology! TV news, social media, etc. can bring on stress and negativity; let it go.
7. Build healthy outlets, things you enjoy….you don’t have to run a mile, your outlet may be getting lost in a good book! Learn something new!
8. Practice mindfulness and being “present”, living in the moment.