This part-time Electrical Fundamentals for the Construction Trades
program will prepare you for many careers in residential and commercial electrical work in just 18 weeks. Using the "learn while you earn" model, our evening
class allows you to work while you to work while you're taking classes. In this class, you will gain the fundamental electrical skills needed to begin an electrical career in construction. This program is designed for anyone interested in learning more about residential and commercial electrical systems, for those considering a career change, or for those currently working in an entry-level position and ready to expand their skills in the electrical industry.
- 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of TABE entrance assessment
- HS diploma recommended, not required (note: employers may require a high school diploma)
2,895 (special introductory price of $399 for 2023-24 school year!)
9/19/2023 – 1/30/2024 FULL
- Spring: 2/13/2024 - 6/20/2024
Class Schedule: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Program length: 108 hours (plus 72 hours of online coursework)
Location: BOCES 2 Career & Technical Education Center (WEMOCO)
3589 Big Ridge Road, Spencerport, NY 14559
Complete a contact card to connect with an advisor, learn more about the program, and get a link to register for an entrance assessment
Employment Outlook: Electrician, Electrical repairperson, Powerline Installers, General Contractors, Construction workers, Maintenance Technicians.
Student Support and Academic Services
- Access to student support advisors, who can provide career advisement and referral services.
- Access to academic, employability and interviewing support
- Access to employer networks