This part-time Industrial and Mechanical Electrical
program prepares you for a career in the electrical industry in only 18 weeks. Using the "learn while you earn" model, our evening class
allows you to work while you're taking classes. In this class, you will gain the fundamental skills of routine maintenance using the National Electrical Code, how to utilize electrical/electronic skills in a manufacturing environment including PLCs, AC and DC motors and drives, and schematics, and troubleshooting different motors, equipment, wiring, fixtures, and other components.
- 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of TABE entrance assessment
- HS diploma recommended, not required (note: employers may require a high school diploma)
$2,795 (special introductory price of $399 for 2023-24 school year!)
- Fall: 9/19/2023 – 1/9/2024
- Spring: 2/13/2024 - 5/30/2024
Class Schedule: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Program length: 90 hours (plus 55 hours of online coursework)
Location: BOCES 2 Career & Technical Education Center (WEMOCO)
3589 Big Ridge Road, Spencerport, NY 14559
Complete a contact card to connect with an advisor, learn more about the program, and get a link to register for an entrance assessment
Employment Outlook: Industrial machinery mechanic, Mechanical maintenance technician, Union/Apprenticeship, Industrial maintenance technician
- For more information on Industrial and Mechanical Electrical as a career, click here.
Student Support and Academic Services
- Access to student support advisors, who can provide career advisement and referral services.
- Access to academic, employability and interviewing support
- Access to employer networks