class has been created in collaboration with local employers to fill the hiring needs of many new jobs in Monroe County in 2024. Our part-time Industrial Operator program
prepares you for a career in the process technology industry in only 15 weeks. Using the "learn while you earn" model, our evening
class allows you to work while you're taking classes. In this class, you will gain the fundamental skills of industrial processes in various industries including chemical process, physical processes, and food production. Students will gain knowledge in the basics of the field including pumps, valves, drums, vessels, process industry technology, and process control instrumentation. This course is designed for anyone looking for a start in a new, growing field with more opportunities opening in the Finger Lakes region over the next few years.
- 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of TABE entrance assessment
- HS diploma recommended, not required (note: employers may require a high school diploma)
$2,695 FREE for 2023-24 school year!
- Spring: 2/13/2024 - 5/30/2024
Class Schedule: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Program length: 90 hours (plus 10 hours of online coursework)
Location: BOCES 2 Career & Technical Education Center (WEMOCO)
3589 Big Ridge Road, Spencerport, NY 14559
Complete a contact card to connect with an advisor, learn more about the program, and get a link to register for an entrance assessment.
Employment Outlook: Industrial Process Technician, Industrial Manufacturing Technician, Industrial Operator I, II, III, Lead Operator, Senior Operator
- For more information on what Industrial Operator could look like as a career, click here.
Student Support and Academic Services
- Access to student support advisors, who can provide career advisement and referral services
- Access to academic, employability and interviewing support
- Access to employer networks