This part-time Welding program prepares you for a career in the welding industry in only 18 weeks. Using the "learn while you earn" model, our evening class allows you to work while you're taking classes. Common industry standard processes of Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW-Stick), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW-TIG), and Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW-MIG), as well as plasma arc and oxy-acetylene cutting are covered. This class is designed for anyone interested in learning more about welding, those considering a career change, and/or those currently in the field who are looking to upskill.
- 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of TABE entrance assessment
- HS diploma recommended, not required (note: employers may require a high school diploma)
9/19/2023 – 1/30/2024 FULL!
- Spring: 2/13/2024 - 6/20/2024
Class Schedule: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Program length: 118 hours (including 10 hours of online coursework)
Location: BOCES 2 Career & Technical Education Center (WEMOCO)
3589 Big Ridge Road, Spencerport, NY 14559
Complete a contact card to connect with an advisor, learn more about the program, and start the application process.
- For more information about welding employment, click here.
Student Support and Academic Services
- Access to student support advisors, who can provide career advisement and referral services
- Access to academic and employability support
- Access to employer networks