Our Extended School Year (ESY) Program has ended, but the memories go on! A big thank you to our teachers and staff members, and especially to all our young friends who shared their time, talents and smiles while learning with us this summer. Check out many more pictures on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BOCES2EC/
It was a busy time:
- PUSH Physical Theatre artists popped into classrooms at Westview, Ridgecrest and Terry Taylor, encouraging expressive movement and creativity.
- Visitors from the Spencerport Fire District showed our youngest friends around their fire trucks.
- Cooking skills were exercised with delicious treats made – from pizza and venison burgers to popsicles and homemade cookies.
- ESY participants played word games, enjoyed the sun and water slides, created beautiful cards and crafts, and made exploding baking powder volcanoes.
- Science fans explored the inner workings of crayfish, owl pellets and sheep hearts.
- Our gardeners harvested fresh veggies from the Westview gardens, and life skills were practiced with weekly trips to buy lunch and socialize with others.